1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

potential bid properties

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by DaySpring Services, Feb 6, 2010.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I'm contemplating picking up a loader for next season and stepping up to some bigger lots. These are a couple that I may pursue. Just want to see what you guys think about these potential bids. We get around 120" of snow per season. Appx. 25-30 plowable events. Apply salt around 40 times. These would be seasonal contracts.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...391,-78.827489&spn=0.001482,0.004128&t=h&z=19
    This plaza is about 550x225 or about 2.85 Acres.I'm figuring a ball park range of $28,000

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...7383,-78.82412&spn=0.002963,0.008256&t=h&z=18
    This location is appx. 640x670. lot space come out to around 310,000sq ft. Ball park figure for this location is $70,000

These are just rough figures that I was playing with today. I know everyone's market is different. I'm just trying to figure if i'm way over, under or in the ball park with these figures.

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I Think your pretty close- You'll probably end up salting a bit less-Either using less or making less trips than you think.

Are you working on contacting these places now?

I cant make it down to hamburg-Dont worry

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Right now I'm just eyeing up potential properties. I've been going through my area trying to make a list of properties to contact. The larger properties are going to depend on weather or not I get a loader.