1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pot Holes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by shaunnshelly, Feb 14, 2006.

1. shaunnshelly

shaunnshelly Senior Member

What do you guys that have big parking lots do for patching pot holes??? Do you charge the account or do you pay for it yourself????? If you charge them what is a fair price per hole????
  2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i do snow removal and landscaping not asphalt never had or would patch pot holes not my responsibility
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Why in the hell would I pay to patch their pot holes? :rolleyes:

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

thats there falt not are falt, for pot holes in there lot.:dizzy:
  5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I'm with you, submit an proposel for filling there pot holes...payup

Here is what you do, you give them an bid for patching there pot holes,
    seal-coating, and striping the lot and for the lawn servive too.
    Take care of all of there grounds maintenance needs.
    Why, because the lawn service and paving(seal-coat biss) probably offers snow removal in the winter too, so why have 2 or 3 contractors when you can hire one that can take care of your needs..
  6. coopersjeep

coopersjeep Junior Member
    from 48141

Pot holes are considered "General Wear and Tear". Asphalt is not an impermeable indestructible substance, and in the winter the water seeps down into the cracks, freezes and causes the asphalt to bubble. When you plow, they items are naturally kicked up plus traffic all cause the pothole to form and eventually get worse.

Now if you take out a piece of asphalt curbing with your plow, I would arrange to get them replaced at yur expense.