1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

posting pics from a smartphone

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by rjigto4oje, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Hi to all I'm trying to get a picture from my smartphone to this site its a Samsung galaxy s4 any help would be appreciated

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

the mobile version of the site is set up for simplicity and does not have the complete functionality that the desktop version does. that being said, to post pictures, you may be able to go to your "Menu" and choose "View Full site" and once you do that you may be able to upload a single image at a time from your mobile device

3. rjigto4oje

Thank you I did try to and it would not attach just wondering if someone has the same phone with the same issue

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Couple of things could be wrong.

Are you seeing the full site?

If so are you attaching like you would from a computer? If so, what does it say when you try?

I can up load 5 pics at a time.

5. Michael J. Donovan

you would also need to check the size and weight of the images to make sure they fit within the specifications for the site. images taken from a mobile device usually tend to be larger, at least on my mobile and that too could be preventing you from being able to upload

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

What's the weight limit.....LOL

Just some random pics from my phone.

IMG_20130921_185748_175.jpg

ResizedImage_1361838136946.jpg

IMG_20130920_145057_339.jpg

7. rjigto4oje

I was using the mobile site I had do switch my phone to desktop view the weight limit on the truck is 8800 lbs its a gaser v10 what a pain the mobile site should be like Facebook what a pain

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  8. Michael J. Donovan

sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant the weight of the images :laughing:...they need to be under 4MB

9. rjigto4oje

Sorry I thought you men't the truck lol I had to resize the thanks someone needs to make it easier to do on the mobile site like Facebook although I dont do Facebook

10. Michael J. Donovan

ok, I'm pretty sure he got the answers he was looking for so I'll close this one out

thanks all :waving:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.