1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Posting a Pic is Freakin BS

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PlowKid150, Nov 19, 2004.

1. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

Ok ok, i have tried everything. I see all of these pics on here and they are huge and great quality. I just shrunk all the damn pictures i want to put up on here for you guys to see and i just cannot see how to get the picture down to 100 kb.. Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that super small? Somebody give me a hand so you can see my Pimp truck hahaha

2. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Do you have your pic hosted (stored) someplace online? If so you can link to it and then size does not matter. If you want to upload it you need to resize it and optimise it. Programs like PhotoShop can do that. hope this helps...
  3. Humvee13

Humvee13 Junior Member

When you take the pic from a digital camera it is usually in high quality and there is very little compression. Photoshop for example can enhance the compression on the jpeg so you get a small file size but the picture still remains good quality also you can try making it a little smaller in area. I know my camera takes pictures that are about 1000K and i can set them down to and resize to around 50K with little loss.
  4. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

Thanks guys, I will try photoshoppin it a little better. hope it works.
  5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

If your running Windows XP you can download the Image Resizer power toy. Makes resizing pictures easy, you just right click and click resize pictures.
  6. plowkid, change the setting on your digital camera to a lower resolution. That's what I did and didn't need to do anything else. :cool:
  7. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

PlowKid150 - Do a search on the board for Irfanview. I downloaded it for free and works great for resizing pics.

8. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Is the picture a JPEG. If not open it and save it as one. Don't ask me how but it keeps the pic basically the same and shrinks the amount of computer space it takes. Also the pic must be 800x600 or smaller.