1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

posting a pic. help??

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by grf_1000, Nov 10, 2009.

1. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

i've been trying to post pics,either in a new thread or in a reply. when i click the button "insert image" it asks me for a url of the image. should this take me to a browse my pc to upload a photo? or do i need to upload them to a 3rd party server then use that as the link? no i'm not useing the "insert email link" thanks

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

the easiest way is to click on "manage attachments" below the box where you reply...once there, you can browse your desktop for the image you want to upload

3. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

i did get that to work once then i tried to post the same pic on another thread, it goes through the browes and then upload without any errors but it dont post the pic. i'll try it again later. thanks for your help

4. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

oh, ok...well you can't upload the same pic twice. what you can try is rename the file on your desktop and then try uploading it that way

5. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

ahhhhhhhh ok. cant do it even if its in a different thread?

6. FEFMedia

FEFMedia Senior Member

no,.. the file names is registered to the forum software and goes in the same directory.. so you can only upload the image one time. just rename the file is the easiest way around it

7. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

would not worl till i renamed it ans also moved it to a different folder. all set now :) thanks

8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

If you want to post it twice do it like this.

[​IMG]

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You mean like this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]