1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Post your tractor/blower pics and videos here....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by excav8ter, Feb 6, 2013.

1. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

With the great success of the "Switching to blowing service" thread.....I would like to see pictures of what guys are running....one reason i am staring this is because I am looking into blowing more seriously for 2013/2014,......the other is because i think they are really cool....thanks for a great thread...post away.....

2. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Anyone? i don't have a tractor/blower to post a pic of. I'd like to see your setups.

3. MogMan

MogMan Senior Member
    from Qc

here's a recent pic of mine.

I am hoping for more snow, so to populate this thread, with vids and pics

nh1.jpg

4. MogMan

MogMan Senior Member
    from Qc

Another one.

On the previous pic, you can see the way I jury-rigged a shovel on the side of the tractor.

nh 2.jpg

5. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Good pics Mogman....thanks. I hope you get some snow too.

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking set up.

7. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Most pics I've posted in "switching" thread.
    But here are a few to help out.

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

8. blowerman

one more from inside

IMG_0609.jpg

9. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Landini Alpine 65 x4, Landini Powerfarm 85, Case MXT, Kubota M8540

photo 2.JPG

10. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

I feel bad, started the switching thread and nothing really to post...We have had as much green grass this winter as snow. Here are a few pics from when we got the machine and blower last year (which was a light winter as well) We are at about 12 services so far this year, typical is 20-25.

SHINY!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Backblade installed:
    [​IMG]

11. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

That thing looks like a beast.

12. MogMan

MogMan Senior Member
    from Qc

13. MogMan

MogMan Senior Member
    from Qc

MaxiGrip Studs

I purchased and started installing those Maxigrip studs on my NH tires. Quality stuff for sure.

I had to go with the 25mm ones, got them from maxigripstore.com

Cant wait to try them.

I put 3 per lug at the back and 1 per lug at the front, plus one more alternating, on the outside lug. Had to go with this pattern to use less than 400 ( 2 boxes of 200). Also, by putting the extra one on the outside lug, I hope it will help with steering on those icy alleys while dragging the fully loaded with snow Pronovost.

STUDS 1.jpg

STUDS 2.jpg

14. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Here's one of mine...used mainly for doing snow removal/relocation than anything so an inverted blower wouldn't have really worked. I wish I had some pics of some of the season-old piles this thing has blown through.

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  15. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Do you plug that tractor in? does it start hard if you dont?

I have the same one and mine starts up perfect even on the coldest of nights.

16. blowerman

I don't plug in any of my machines. Kubota, New Holland, Volvo, Deere; nada nothing. They all start like a champ, if they don't something else is wrong.

17. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I was leaving really early that morning with the machine and needed to just start it up and load it on my trailer to keep the noise level down. I figured plugging it in would be nicer for the machine. I've never had problems starting it though even on the coldest days

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  18. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Those turf tires you have are a thousand times better in the snow over ag tires. I switched mine out an dlove the new ones.

19. MogMan

MogMan Senior Member
    from Qc

I tested the NH at -15c, unplugged and it did start easy too.

Normally, I plug the engine and tranny heater for an hour or so before starting.

Also, at lower than -15c, I don't even touch the chute controls before reaching normal operating temperature. It howls !

Maybe a blancket-type battery heater wrapped around the hydraulic filter would help, but I just drive it until the right temp.

Have you ever blocked the front grill of your tractors for use in winter ?

20. Squires

Squires Senior Member

are those studs road legal?
    I have used them (similar) before on mx bikes and ATV's and they go missing from time to time, on the road I would think that's going to result in flat tires for other vehicles.
    How long are the threads?