1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Post your switch setups!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by fullahead, Oct 23, 2012.

1. fullahead

fullahead Member
    from Maine

I'm looking to see what different ideas guys have had on switch types, location, pre-setup boxes vs individual, and anything else related to how people have wired up their auxiliary lighting. Post em' up!

Me, I'm looking at a pre-wired box but I have no idea where I'm going to mount it in my Ext cab, old body style GM, where space is at a premium.
  2. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

3. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

heres mine
  4. fullahead

fullahead Member
    from Maine

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Take a look at the "My Ebling" link in my sig, on one of the pages it showes my switch set up. What kind of truck do you have? What all are you looking to hook up to it?
  6. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

Ryan, OP says "Ext cab, old body style GM" so 88-98 (99,00) Thumbs Up
  7. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I've been using this setup

light switch.jpg
  8. fullahead

fullahead Member
    from Maine

Haven't gotten that far yet lol. I may have misused the "obs" but mines an 02-07.

Feel free to post, but I've gotten what I need from the link provided. As far as I'm concerned the mods can wipe out this thread.
  9. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

hey guys i went all out. well i think i did. this is in my 85 gmc 3500
    first i found an over head console out of an older ford conversion van. it has 5 switches that light up when on, 2 sunglass holders 2 map lights and a garage door opener spot.

i used plastic conduit and cut a hole in the floor at the pass side cab corner. all my wires run from the firewall to inside the cab thru it. then i made a mounting plate under the hood. installed a circit breaker, fuse block and all my selonoids.

being that nothing is ever good enough i have a seperate switches. 1 does the truck lights to plow lights, 2 is power to the pump, 3 is empty, 4 is the strobe lights. and being i used a selonoid all the plow stuff turns off with the key. i think 4 im going to add back up lights
  10. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

No Strobes justa Mini ABLE mini bar that plugs into the Cig. Lighter.

Lol YES we only had a Blue toggle switch at the shop when we installed our Rear lights...Oh well!

11. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

I'd post mine, but I'm sure most everyone has seen Ford's upfitter switches.
  12. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I'll get a picture of mine tomorrow if I get time, I built it and it's pretty cool.:mechanic:
  13. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I'm fixin to get my setup finished tomorrow, finally. I'll post pics of what I did in my OBS Ford, pretty proud of my idear haha.
  14. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

They guy said he has what he needs and doesn't want to see more...
  15. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Yeah but we want to show off ours!
    Maybe someone else needs some ideas.
    I have a Whelen 9000
    Missile launcher = main shutoff
    top row, L-R full strobes, rear strobes only, front strobes only, rear red wig-wags,spst push button for pattern change, center spst push button for pattern change also.
    Btm row L-R forward take downs, left alley, right alley, future back up lights, momentary push button for dimming strobes.
    Whelen is a top notch company, I bought the light used and called them for a schematic, they asked for my email addy and serial number in the light, they then sent me a full schematic of this exact light. Very kind of them, when I bought the light I had no switch and no knowledge of these models. Now I can rebuild one in no time as I bought three of them to get the light bar I wanted, 50" wide. If anyone wants pics of light bar let me know. I made up quick connect plugs for it, two for the lights and one for the power.There are 18 wires in the harness, I had about 2' with the light.The box came from Radio Shack for about 5 bucks.
  16. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

17. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

sorry, guess I need to read more thoroughly.
  18. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I want to make one with all the missile switches.