1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Post your picture of cold Thermometers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grn Mtn, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

There sure is a ton of Arctic air :eek: floating around, take a picture and post it :salute:

Thermometer.jpg

2. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

Mine said -12 this morning. Supposed to be around -18 tonight.

DSC04629.JPG

3. MN_BR

MN_BR Member

-22 here in north/central MN! Only a high of -8 today.

temp122304.jpg

4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Ditto on what MN BR says. Same here in Bemidji.

Buck

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

same here -21 dul Mn. cold enough for ya!!!

6. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

WOW!!! And I thought it was cold here a couple days ago.

7. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

HEY!!!! it warmed up it's -16 at 12:37 pm :drinkup:

8. Up North

Up North Senior Member

LOL!! SnoFarmer, we have a heat wave here, it's -10 at 2pm! And guess what? I had to go plow one of my accounts. Got the call late this morning and when I hooked up the plow she was froze up, it would raise but wouldn't go down. Parked it in the shop for 2hrs. and good to go, got them plowed out.

Buck

9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Yo-Yo Temps

I feel for you Minnesotan's, really I do, but the weather is all screwed up here. We got to -10 just two days ago, last night was 29, today was up to 55! and now its back to 34 on its way to the low teens :yow!:

10. Up North

Up North Senior Member

the sun was just shining on this so a couple degrees off...but still cold enough.

P.S. This is my first picture with the new dig. camera, hope it turns out.

Buck

cold1.JPG

11. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Got down to -24 at the resort I work at a few days ago. Had the snowguns turned on with actual temp under the guns around -80... Now thats cold! :salute:

12. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

DANG!!! that cold! but the dang, was refering to how good that picture is!!! What kind of digi cam is that! Im looking for a new one, and that picture looks 500% better then the one I have now.

If you dont mind me asking, what kind is it, and if you dont mind, how many buckaroos did it set you back?

13. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Mark,
    Just picked it up today. It's the Nikon Coolpix 4100. 4 megapixel, 3x optical zoom with tons of gadgets and gizmos I'll never know how to use. $244 at Walmart. I hate buying stuff there but they had a pretty darn good selection of digital cams and the photo dept mgr. seemed to really know his stuff, so we jumped on it.

Buck

14. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Ahh, thank ya sir! Best Buy should have it right? Well, after xmas, after I get all those BB gift cards my aunts, uncles, and bros get me, I can go snatch one up with hopefully very little cash outta my own pocket!

Thanks again for the info.

Have a Very Very Merry X-mas and safe Happy one too!!!!! I hope that blizzard is treating ya well after the freeze up it had!!!!!! Thanks again!

15. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

To bad about the FFRRROOOOZZZZZZZEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNN plow!!
    Some new hydro fluid and clean your filter and she should be good to go.
    well it looks like another cool one tonight -19 here already.

16. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Dang thing is only a month old!!! Once it warmed up in the shop it worked flawlessly. Oh well...when it's that cold things just don't work like they are supposed to I guess.

Buck

17. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

A frozen, new plow? well every thing will freeze around here!! I have used boss hydro fluid in all of my plows ,sure they run a little slow for the first couple of raise lower cycles but then there fine.. Glad to here every thing worked out...
    ho ya , this is a temp thread so it's -13 at 9:40am in N.E. MN.

18. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Got down to 45 last night may even get colder tomarrow as it is suspose to stop raining. Looking forward to a little snow yet this year. I think this globel warming thing is hitting here, we havn't had much snow in the last 5 years.