1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Post up Pics of your plow with HID's

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SilverLT2, Jan 7, 2012.

1. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

Lets see some of your plows with HID's guys here's mine

2012-01-07_17-33-43_822.jpg

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Whats all involved in doing that,looks sweet.

3. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

Its a real easy install just go on ebay look for HID's find the ones that you need its pretty much all plug in play

4. Brian Young

I'll have to look into that, the other night I was coming home and at the last second saw a lady walking her damn dog, this has happen two or three times this year. What is it about people who are out in the wee hours just walking or jogging when it's snowing.

5. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

Yea u should defiantly look into them you'll like the results you can get pretty good deals on ebay I paid like 32 bucks for these there very good quality too

6. Brian Young

Well save me some time, we run Fisher's just like the Western lights so which ones did you get? Thanks.

7. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I have a 2011 Boss 9'2" V. Are these HID lights just something for WEsterns or are they for anything. I can't stress enough how crappy my lights are. Its fine in TOWN in the middle of the night with all the "city lights" on but driving in 13 miles in a snowstorm in the dark is really hard.

8. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

I put 6K's in mine!

You can get them for any thing yea the stock light suck like u said out of city you cant see squat lol

9. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

As much as I would like a set a HID's for my plow they are Illegal around here and having seem other drivers on the road with them they are blinding to on coming traffic. The last thing I want to do is Blind an on-coming driver in the worst of driving conditions with a 9' plow and have them hit me or someone else.

I am actually working on looking up a set of Aux Driving lights on my plow so I can turn them on and off like High Beams for those back roads or dark parking lots. I might look into HID or that because I can turn them off when I don't need them.

10. Brian Young

So did everything just fit in the light box or did you need to run wires to the vehicle?

11. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

12. Brian Young

13. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

No prob man got any pics of your Super Duty's?

14. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Did the ballest fit inside the housing as well or did you have to zip tie it outside

15. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

Yep the ballast and everything fits in the housing

16. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u Member

17. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

wow thats a nice mod!!

i put an HID kit in my last silverado....i can not believe you fit the kit in the housing for plow lights! do you have any pics of the lights being installed i think it would help for people to see it!!

18. samjr

samjr Senior Member

here a good link

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=117915&highlight=HID+kit

19. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

20. samjr

samjr Senior Member

O cool

I did not do my 1s yet because i did not want to cut the wires :mechanic: