1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Post Storm Procedure....What Do You Do?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Allagash, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

I'm just curious as to what you guys do after a storm, assuming there is no snow forcasted at least for a few days out? I'm talking about basic between storm maintenance to your equipment, whether it be power washing your plow and mounts or putting die electric grease on your electrical connectors.
  2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Wash everything down when your done and do an inspection on your truck and plow. Better to find a problem by looking for one than to have it show up when it breaks
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I wash all my equipment real well. I also run my truck through my buddys' automatic carwash so I can get the undercarriage clean. Weather I leave the plow on or not, I coat it completely with wd-40.
  4. Greenscape4u.co

Greenscape4u.co Senior Member

after we wash the trucks off we empty out coffee cups , collect gas reciepts go over everone's timesheets and start the billings !!! cha ching cha ching !!:waving:
  5. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Catch up on Sleep, while the student employee's do the maintenence on the equipment
  6. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Wash the truck and equipment and do my pre-event checkup for next outing.
  7. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

nap first!:sleeping: :sleeping: day job 2nd clean equipment 3rd then the fun part billing:cool:
  8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Sleep....Wash everything real good....Eat....Repeat as needed:drinkup:
  9. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Make sure the sanders are emptied, put away snow blowers hand in all the time sheets and gas bills, then go home and sleep. When we come out of our comas, we pressure wash the equipment, and inspect everything restock any bag material that was used. :cool: