1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Post season CDL job wanted

Discussion in 'Networking' started by cdldiesel, Mar 10, 2013.

1. cdldiesel

cdldiesel Junior Member

I may be a bit early with this post but I have been trying to find a small to medium size,local trucking company that is looking for drivers. I really am not sure where to start and I wanted to throw up a flag since the snow is melting on us.

I have my CDL-A Tank with HAZ MAT. I have been working part time for a guy now who may be closing his business. I plow for a very reputable company in Northern IL, also. I have a small transport company as well. I am doing some OTR but need something more stable. My tractor trailer experience is about a year or so but I have been pulling trailers since I was a teenager. I also have plowed for several years. In addition, I have installed Semi-tractor glass for 20 years.

I have my own 1-ton that has gotten some work now, due to the downsizing of my current employer's business. I have excellent references and can also provide contact info for my own customers, in addition to people I have worked for. I ran a family business for a long time and I thought I could find a similar environment, possibly.

I'm not against a larger company if I could plan on staying at one employer. Job stability is really important to me right now. If anyone can throw in some advice, I would welcome that. Thanks and I hope this post is not too far off it's topic base.

Bill 630-518-7841
    Email cdldieseltransport@gmail.com

2. cdldiesel

cdldiesel Junior Member

Also have air brake expirience....... no restriction

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  3. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

check out alwarrenoil.com i know we have been looking for a driver out of bensenville

4. cdldiesel

cdldiesel Junior Member

Thank you!

5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Nice, well wrote inquiry. Good look in your job search.