1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Post Pictures Of Your Snowmobiles Here

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mercer_me, Nov 24, 2013.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I just bought a new to me snowmobile today so, I figured I would make a thread so we can see what everybody has for sleds.

This is the sled I bought today. 2005 Polaris Super Sport 550 with the Fox M10 suspension package. It has a little less than 2500 miles and it and it's in pretty good shape. I'm pretty much going to use it for ice fishing and do a little bit of trail riding with it. It has a few scratches but over all I'd say it's in really good shape. I only gave $1,600 for it and I'd say I didn't steal it but I got a pretty good price on it. I'm hoping in a few years I can get a new Ski-Doo Renegade 600 and keep the Polaris for ice fishing. I know the 550 isn't much but, it's a huge improvement over my 1993 Arctic Cat Jag 440.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mercer_me

My 1993 Arctic Cat Jag 440. It's a good sled just getting old and the cowling is cracked in a couple places.

[​IMG]

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

My 2005 Arctic Cat Sabercat 600 lx. 1000 miles on it. Great machine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

I got rid of this in the spring for a different one but this is a couple pics from the mountains.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was a 2008 skidoo summit 800 with an 860 big bore with a bunch of other stuff.
    New sled is a 2011 skidoo rs from a race team out of michigan. Plan to race some cross country stuff this season. I was then going to order a new mountain sled but everyone I normally go with is having kids and it looks like most are skipping this season.

5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't like being the bearer of bad news but 2004-2006 550's are all doomed for engine burn downs. I have a 2005,bought new,at 1K miles engine seized up on the mag side.It was off warranty but thru Polaris good will and the stealer,I only had to chip in a few hundred to get it rebuilt.200 miles later,same thing happened and now they don't want to make it right.I was actually accused of riding too slow[I don't] and too warm a temperature[20* is perfectly fine].So I joined up on 3 forums and found out I have the Corvair of sleds.Nobody can make those engines last a reasonable length of time,it's all very well documented if you do a search.

6. KIVALO

KIVALO Member
    from Uhh NO!

2010 SkiDon't XRS 800r :D

2010 MX Z 800r X-RS.jpg

7. D&JsLawn

D&JsLawn Member

Nice sleds guys. Here is my 2002 Polaris Pro-X440 Fan
    [​IMG]

And with my buddies Ski Doo after I blacked out the windshield.
    [​IMG]

8. mercer_me

I have heard the 550s have problems. But, I also have known a few people that didn't have any problems with the 550. So, I'm not really sure what to think. I guess I will run it this Winter and hope it makes it through the Winter. Then next fall I'll probably sell it.

9. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Well,like I said,it's only the 2004-2006's.Polaris now has a cold air intake,a relocation kit for the oil pump,nicasil cylinders,and some other improvements that they will gladly sell you but IMHO if they were a reputable company they would have done a TOTAL call back program.I would ride yours like you stole it as most meltdowns have occurred in the 30-50 mph.range and add some oil DIRECTLY into the gas tank as the injection system leaves a lot to be desired.Also,run the jetting as rich as the plugs will allow and always go out with a bud and a tow rope.

10. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

here is mine:
    DSCN0334 (Medium).jpg

DSCN0334 (Medium).jpg

11. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Currently waiting to pick up my new sled, it's in at the dealer and will pick it up when we go up to camp this weekend hopefully. It's a 2014 SkiDoo Renegade X 800R. Put up a SkiDoo stock photo of that.

It's replacing my previous sled wich was the same thing just a 2011. Actual pic of that sitting in the dooryard at Camp.

1183331-0-1008281[1].png

IMG_1068.JPG

12. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

That bottom sled is nasty!!!!

13. mercer_me

I'll add oil to the gas and I'm also going to drain the oil that's in it and replace it with Ams Oil. My buddy said he will service it for me and he will clean adjust the corroborator. Like you said Polaris should go good for it and do all the changes for free.

Both sleds are wicked nice. I can't wait until I buy a Renegade. They look sweet. Thumbs Up

14. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Just like the plows I like them Yellow

Dads 2004 600ho 14k on it.

[​IMG]

2005 500ss

[​IMG]

2010 600 etec

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Just sold her this past weekend. Taking a break from sledding. Bet this winter is the best in years. Thumbs Up

IMG-20120203-00102.jpg

16. mercer_me

Is there a big difference in performance between the original Rev and the new Rev X? My next sled is defiantly going to be a Rev.

17. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

It was till it had an early demise last January. A friend I was riding with hit me from behind doing close to 70mph. Thankfully it was a glancing blow rather than a straight-on hit. Both sleds were totaled, both of us went to the hospital, I was there for two hours, he was there for 3 months.

IMG_0088.JPG

18. KIVALO

KIVALO Member
    from Uhh NO!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  19. KIVALO

KIVALO Member
    from Uhh NO!

The photo with the green light in the windshield was taken at Whetstone Gulf. :drinkup:

20. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

My gfs sled the Poo is a 500 XC/SP mine is the DOO 600 and last is my first sled I had a 82 Yami Enticer 340. Still have it

sledding.jpg

skidoo trail.jpg

snowmobile1.jpg

snowmobile2.jpg