1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

post pics of your reg. cab short box

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowsniper1, Feb 22, 2011.

1. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

I have seen a lot of reg cab short boxs lately with large blades on them.I seen a new gmc today with a poly 8.2 v on the front and a snowman on the rear.lets c some pics

2. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

I was just at a dealership yesterday with a buddy of mine and two guys were cleaning up the parking lots. Both of them were using late 90's regular cab short bed Chevy's to plow with. Both had 8.2V plows on them. They sank a little when they lifted the plow, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

I asked one of the guys that was plowing a little about the trucks. He said he has a 2500HD at home with a 8.2 on it, but he would rather plow with the short bed the dealer has. He said it has plenty of power with the 350 and is one of the most manuverable trucks he has ever plowed with. The dealer just beefed up the front end a little to better handle the weight and that was it. He said they also put about 600-800lbs next to the tailgate and they are ready to go.

Great little truck though and those guys really did a great job. Wish I would have had my camera.

Jeremy

3. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

cant repost pictures. but it should show up in the small pic at the top

4. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

here is one of my dodges

DSCN1942.jpg

5. JohnRoscoe

JohnRoscoe Senior Member

2000 F150 short bed with a 7'6" Boss V is our apartment plowing machine. All stock, runs great, had it since new without any problems.

Only thing better would be a Jeep, but not as useful the rest of the year.

6. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

too bad the mistake chevrolet made about the short bed regular cab heavy duty dmax/ally wasn't a mistake would love to have seen one of those babies posted up her if there were one.

7. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

this is my bish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

9. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Im going into the diesel industry. Dont think it hasnt crossed my mind and dont give up hope :mechanic:

Heres mine:
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=119843

10. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Short dodges

My First plow truck, 2001 reg. shorty

then my summer toy, 2004 dodge ram.

Sadly both sold, loved the short wheelbase for doing driveways

plowing 1.jpg

IMG00004-20090720-1258.jpg

11. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

Found a way to post the picture of my 98 Ford F 150 Shortbed Reg cab truck.
    With SnowDogg Stainless plow.. They go good together !

MyFordf15098.jpg

12. WesternproGMC

WesternproGMC Member

here a photo of my truck

2011-02-02 10.50.46.jpg