1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Post Pics of Your Lifted Dodge w/Plow

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by BLkDOuT, Jan 9, 2009.

1. BLkDOuT

BLkDOuT Junior Member

Well im wanting to lift my truck allitle but wanted to get a idea of how it will sit with a plow and i dont want to do any modification to the mounting bracket. i was thinking of doing a leveling kit with 35's or bigger or a 4" lift, So if anyone is running a lifted dodge with a plow please post pics. And mine is a 2008 Ram 2500 too.

2. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i wish i woulda gotton a pic now..but i just did a plow on a '04 cummins 2500 with a leveling kit on stock wheels/tires and it was a PITA the mounts did not mount up right to get the correct height on the plow... made it a pain in the ass to get the plow hooked up/unhooked the owner knew this and still went ahead with it.

so i'd be alittle cautious when going this route.

3. BLkDOuT

BLkDOuT Junior Member

Do you know if anyone makes a custom mount so if you lift your truck you can lower and higher the plow on the mount. I remember seeing a member on here with a plow that did that. I believe it was a black ram that did a 4" lift. I have a Western Steel Pro Plow 8 1/2' Brand new. Prob 2 weeks old.

4. onebadplowtruck

onebadplowtruck Junior Member

What kinda plow will you have to lower?? Boss's easy to lower!!

5. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

6. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I've seen the older trucks that had the Fisher speedcast plows where the A frame had been modified like the one in the link, use to often see the 73-87 GM trucks with 4" lifts on them that also were plow trucks. I knew one guy that had his a frame modified and it held up as good as stock.

7. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

Blizzards sit pretty low mount wise, cause I have a 2" Lift on my Dakota and its perfect, anything more and it would be an issue. For a Blizzard, even with the 2" Lift, the mount would actually scarpe steep driveways, so they do sit lower.

8. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

FYI: When I got new tires for my 2500, I couldn't find anything bigger than stock (265/70) with an E load rating (using the stock 17s, anyway)...
    If you want to go with a lift and bigger tires, look into all your parts before purchasing. JMO...

9. robwz@ptd.net

robwz@ptd.net Junior Member
    from pa

Just a crappy phone cam pic, but heres my 2006, I have a 2 1/2" Skyjacker strut kit on the front. No real issues.
    [​IMG]

10. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Here is mine, however the 35's come off in the winter and get replaced with 285's on stock rims. I run about an inch above what Boss recommends, but it still works well.

Picture 002a.jpg

11. BLkDOuT

BLkDOuT Junior Member

^^^ Is that just a leveling kit with 35's?

12. payton

payton Senior Member

13. payton

payton Senior Member

oo and for the record those are 37s its riding on.. and yes i plow with them on.. tires have a heavy sidewall.. throw a skid of salt in the bed and no problems with traction..

payton

14. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Yep, just a 2" Rancho Leveling Kit.

15. hotshotgoal30

hotshotgoal30 Junior Member

i have a 2004 ram 1500 with a leveling kit and 35's on stock 20's im wondering how it ould be plowing and if there would be any probs with hooking the plow up?

16. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Mine works fine

17. bader

bader Junior Member

how would you lower the boss mount if you had to?

18. payton

payton Senior Member

make lowering brakcets for the truck side mount. not that hard really

19. bader

bader Junior Member

just by lengthening the plate that the pushbar bolts to and drilling some more holes?

20. onebadplowtruck

onebadplowtruck Junior Member

yup you got it BADER. sometimes with trucks with 6inches or more of lift we are able to make a plate the can be bolted directly inbetween the push beam and the side plates. effectivly bolting the new plate to the inside of the side plates up top and bolting the push beam down where it needs to be. with holes all up and down the custom plate we are able to adjust the push beam to whatever tires or lift the truck ever has