1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Post pics of aluminum flat beds.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by apik1, Feb 8, 2009.

1. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

I have the chance to but an 05 F250 diesel x-cab with 77,000 miles for 12,000 but the bed and bumer are shot, so I am thinking aluminum flatbed. Please post pics and brands of them. Thanks
  2. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

if the bed and the bumper was not taken well care of then hows the engine and frame going to be. seems like they didnt treat it well. it maybe a deal that is to good to be true.
  3. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

The only ones I see are on the truckcraft website. Good luck cause I want to do the same thing. The steel bed on my 04 looks like chit, but it's not "shot". I hate it, but I think I'll just end up sand blasting it and painting it. A new aluminum one is around 3k, which will just oxidize and have to be repolished anyways. What do you mean the bed is "shot"? post pictures of it.
  4. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

It was a trade in, my friend owns a car dealer and his service dept did all the work since new. The damage came from a cement pole at a gas station, pushed the bumper into the bed and buckeld the whole right side of the bed. I could put a side and bumper on it, but I want to add a flatbed to the fleet. I ll get a pic of it in the a.m.
  5. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

if you want to go back with a replacment bed i have a take off bed.. pm me i also have a flat bed on my f-350 ill take a pic for u too
  6. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

my 2002 f 350 drw with a omaha flatbed i miss the truck my father ran the rear of the truck over with our drott 40 excavator 3 mothes after new bed was put on sold the truck bed was nice looking but go for the heavier gauge aluminum

ford f 350 pics 028.jpg
  7. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

mine is a short bed
  8. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

they can build whatever you need i forgot to add the fact that you need like 1000 lbs for ballast aluminum is very light her is a pic of before bed was put on

truck destroyed 001.jpg

truck destroyed 010.jpg

truck destroyed 008.jpg
  9. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

How about a picture when it got ran over with the Drott?
  10. 350-CHEVY

350-CHEVY Member

if they backed in to a pole and it buckled the box i would be worried about frame damage
  11. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

nope there is none, they put it on a frame machine and it was all good.
  12. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Here is one we built for a customer.

Hillsboro Flat Bed.JPG
  13. New Heights

New Heights Senior Member

I love the trailer light with the duck tape.
  14. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

why would you put a new bed on that truck it looks fine to me lol, jk-

POWERSTROKE 350 Junior Member

i would not worry about frame damage. i recently buckled my drivers side of my bed. at 5-7 mph. bumper cuaght it just right and buckled the side. it is a very crappy feeling. i am also now considering an aluminum flatbed, but everyone is way to expensive, i can buy materials for about $2k. companies out there want $6k for the beds. i can believe the markup. keep the pics coming. i have a 2002 f350 single rear wheel if anyone has pics please put them up
  16. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

the company in our area is EBY. It is in Blue Bell, PA.

They make the 53' trailers, but will also do custom jobs. One of my subs has a custom built bed on his F450, and I've seen a lawncare company in the area with a nice flatbed from them.

They're not cheap though. The sub paid somewhere between 7-9000 for his, although it has built in toolboxes, slider tables, that he has a compressor mounted to, and some other features.
  17. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Here is the dumping flatbed on our Dodge:

Custom built by Alumline. They have many pictures of flatbed applications on their website (alumline.com). Like I said, ours has a hoist so it sits higher than most.

We have found this bed to be so useful, that we ordered another flatbed (nondumping this time) for our GMC (bed has damage anyway).

Anyone looking for a customized bed, I highly recommend Alumline. They will build to whatever specs you want, and add anything you can imagine.
  18. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Wheres your bumper?
  19. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

sorry that truck looks like it was beat. look at the tailgate it was a different color from the orginal paint color.. i would get a oasis report made on it and that will tell you the life the truck has had. you just need to give somebody at ford your vin number and they can pull a report on it.
  20. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Quite posting pictures of the Dodge Ryan, your making me jealous! I still think you should have thrown that in with the plow deal. ;)