1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Post Office Bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by traviswalker007, Oct 13, 2006.

1. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

Hey guys i am bidding on a post office in illinois, not real big in front about 15 parking spots but the back is a bit larger its a main branch with a couple of long sidewalks...any ideas im thinking about 475 per push up to 10" and double after that...what do u think

2. AAJay

AAJay Junior Member

We have one in new jersey about the same size. It pays twice that. Hope this helps :waving:

3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I do a small country Post Office, about 20 spaces plus loading dock and 75' of walkway. I use a 0 to 1" to cover the small events, plow or sand/salt or both, and 1-3" per push after that. Our Postal system is screwed up and cheap.

4. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

475 for a 15 space lot?

Good god. No wonder this countries going broke.

5. AlaskaShooTer

AlaskaShooTer Member

Price

I think the price of stamps is going up again... :) Every plow job should be based on the area and difficulty of the plow. The more you handle the white stuff at a job the more you can charge. This must be a real Bi*ch for $475.00 a push.

George

6. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Maybe they are plowing it with a big wheel. :dizzy:

[​IMG]

7. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Sweet plow rig,I'm thinking a 9'2'' Boss V or a nice Blizzard?payup

8. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

If you get 475 per push out of that, call me. I want to come sub from you.

9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

the post office doesnt need plowing nothing halts the mail so a little snow wont slow them down