1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Post not being submitted

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by sgoalie23, Aug 27, 2005.

1. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 Member

I have tried posting a question about determining the cost of a truck several times in the Ford Truck Forum. Unfortunately, when I hit the submit button my screen goes white and the thread is not posted. Can you help me please? If you have a record of the posts, please submit the last one dated 8/27/05. Thank you. :waving:
  2. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

Same thing happened when i tried to post. Must have been something wrong with the site.
  3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I got the Tech working on this problem. We still don't know if its the site or the posters because most members have no problems posting.
    Make sure you have the latest Microsoft patches
  4. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 Member

Will do. Thx.
  5. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 Member

Downloaded all the Microsoft patches, etc. I tried to submit a thread and the same thing happened as before.
  6. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I have seen this before...
    Try hitting the back button when the screen goes white.
    Then submit it again.

Sometimes this works.
    Other times it loses your work.

I think it is an ISP problem.
  7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

thanks for the feedback on that.

Yea ISP problem is possible
  8. Mistel

Mistel Member

im having trouble starting new threads as well, I use Firefox, but tried in Internet Explorer and stilll no luck

Funny how I can post here? Using firefox too. Can't post in the used equipe. forum
  9. lumps

lumps Senior Member

i had the same thing, i could post in some forums, but not others (namely, the used equip forum).
  10. ssscamaro

ssscamaro Junior Member

post problem

same problem here .. tried 15 time rewriting posts ..gave up after 5 trys a night ..fianally posted on second try tonight . I Wrote my post then previewed then submitted and it worked.
  11. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

ssscamaro Select all of your text and copy it (to the clipboard), before submitting your posts, so you do not have to type it in again.

Hey Charles could this be a cookie problem?

Also, the reason I said that it might be an ISP problem before, is because I had the same problem on dial up last year.
    I do not see this problem on DSL now (new ISP).
  12. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Still getting a blank white screen when i try to submit a thread in the used equipment section. Somone working on this? Not a ISP problem here.
  13. mook

mook Junior Member
    from Ohio

i get it too. ti could be a cookie monster.

nope, not a cookie problem

nor is it a firefox problem
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2005
  14. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

The same thing is happening to me. I use sbc for my isp.....Rob
  15. JUSTBE

JUSTBE Member

I HAD the same problem, but found a work around. Here's what I did:

Subject : Test

Body: Test.

And that was it. Then I edited the new post and pasted in the information that I wanted to post. It worked great.

Just My two Cents.
  16. adam5557

adam5557 Member

Just Be what do you mean Subject test body test i need help as i need to post and am gettign the same problem.
  17. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Same problems here, Tech is just trying to blame our computers. I had GEEK Squad here for 2 hours and they could not find a problem on my end. It's a web hosting issue that "They" are not admittting to, nor are they correcting.

I can post in certain columns, but not in others???? HMMMM?????

Not trying to be pushy, but it's hard to answer to threads and posts when your screen goes white.

Just my 2 pennies. :( :mad: :(
  18. adam5557

adam5557 Member

come on plowsite lets get it fixed!tahnks
  19. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Still not working Boys !!!!! :nono: :mad: :angry:
  20. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Seems some posts are still disappearing too. Unbelievable :angry: