1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Possibly selling my truck & plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mike3767, Jun 8, 2009.

1. mike3767

mike3767 Junior Member

I dont' have pics but was wondering about selling my 03 F-250 along with a Boss V plow. I think its a VXT? Its the one that the wings flare up from the center. I logged a whoppin 24 hours on the plow this year. The truck has 142000 miles and has a 5.4 engine. Its the XL truck. Body has some dents here and there but mechanically sound. New tires about 600 miles ago. Thinking about selling for $12,000. What are your thoughts. I payed $6,600 for the truck and $6,500 for the plow along with about $2,500 in mechanical repairs. Am I asking too much?
  2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

You'd probably be better off keeping it and let it pay you back for a season or two. This time of year especially it'll be hard to get the kind of money you're looking to get. Keep the plow and sell the truck might be a better move. JMO. Good Luck.
  3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

No way you get anywhere close to 12k for that truck. The truck is worth 7500 at best. that plow is overkill for that truck. Take it off and try to sell it. Then try to dump truck for 5500 or so. But as a package you will lose money.
  4. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Junior Member

I agree. How much would you want for the plow setup?
  5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with them...seperate the two. I for one would never buy a 5.4 Super Duty with a VXT plow, in my mind it's too much for the truck.

But you would get more money for the 2 seperate for sure.
  6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Agreed, and PM me a price for the plow complete
  7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I bought my truck a 2003 ford f-250 ext cab short bed xlt sport package. It has the 5.4 gasser, 119kmi on it. It came with a 8ft fisher mm2. I bought it in 2006. I paid $8400 for it. just as a reference to ur truck
  8. crew cuts

crew cuts Junior Member
    from Omaha

I'm sorry man, but isn't $6,500 a little much for the plow? I was looking at them last winter and I could have sworn I wasn't quoted more than $5,700 with the locking cylinders. Where did you buy it?
  9. mike3767

mike3767 Junior Member

I bought the plow from mower world in Omaha. And who knows, I could have gotten screwed. They were the only dealer in town that had one in stock and could put it on. I bought it in November the day before it was supposed to snow our first time. He could have seen me from a mile away. I've seen the same plow on ebay for $4,500 but not sure what's all included. That was total for install and taxes which is 5.5% When you guys say the plow is overkill, are you saying it's too big for the truck? I didn't have too much of a problem using the scoop to make a pile. I did plow along side a powerstoke and obvioulsy it was able to push more but my truck performed pretty good.
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

A VXT is not overkill for your truck, lots of guys running 9ft's on them around here.
  11. crew cuts

crew cuts Junior Member
    from Omaha

Just try Ken Baker at Baker Plow (402) 714-2530 next time you need anything. He is much cheaper. I'm sure you have heard of him. But hey, if they had it in stock and put it on right away, $6,500 probably wasn't too bad.
    By the way, are you the owner of Tire Factory?
  12. mike3767

mike3767 Junior Member

No, I'm not the owner of Tire Factory but if he's rich, I wish I was!!!! I've never even heard of Baker Plow. I will have to check him out. Thanks for the info.
  13. crew cuts

crew cuts Junior Member
    from Omaha

Yeah, I thought that might be too much of a coincidence. Definitely check in with Baker before you buy anywhere else.