1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

possibly selling my 2 boss v plows in MN

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by jimslawnsnow, Dec 23, 2013.

1. jimslawnsnow

jimslawnsnow PlowSite Fanatic
    from mn

I am thinking of selling my 2 v plows. first one is an 06 I believe. 8'2" flat top. 6 hours on cutting edges. 2nd is a 11 9'2" vxt. original cutting edges. at least half left. Like new other wise. going back to one plow. and that would be a western wideout.

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Did you schedule your install then?

3. jimslawnsnow

from mn

No. Hoping to move these plows first. If I don't sell them in don't sell them. Nothing wrong with the bosses. I just may add wings to my 8'2"

4. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

What are asking for them and do you have any pics?

5. Buck331

Buck331 Member

Jim,

Is it possible for you to post some detailed pics of the plows? What are you asking for each separate, or both as a package deal? Are these with or without the black iron, and if so what make, model and Year. I'm about 100 miles north of you so no problem on my end picking up in the TC, or perhaps meeting you Hinckley. My vehicle is already rigged for a Boss Power-V XT, so If I bought both I could mount one on my truck, and load the other in my pickup box. Do you have something to load the other in the box of my truck at your location?

After you post detailed pics of both plows please PM me your phone number.

I will also need a bill of sale with serial numbers.

6. jimslawnsnow

from mn

Let me work on all that after Christmas. Hopefully by the weekend I can have all that. Is there an email I could just email them to from phone. Jim

7. Buck331

Buck331 Member

I can PM you that..., what are you asking for them?

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice. I'm about the same with mine. I want a wideout but nothing wrong with the blizzards.

9. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Price and pics go a long ways.

10. Buck331

Buck331 Member

A very well stated and accurate comment!

11. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

we are waiting!

12. jimslawnsnow

from mn

anyone really interested? or just want to look at pictures? they look like any other plow. 5,000 obo on the 9'2" vxt and 2800 obo on the 8'2" flat top v. I will be posting on craigslist on Monday. as I said before I would like to sell them to upgrade to a western wideout, but don't have a problem keeping them either. if someone had a wideout and wants a v we could work something out too

13. djagusch

from mn

Any truck sides?

Reason I ask is I just bought a new stainless 8.2 dxt for $5300 plow side only a month ago.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  14. Buck331

Buck331 Member

Well I was..., but I'm not anymore. I don't intend to sound sarcastic, but your more than unenthusiastic attempt to sell these leads me to conclude that "you are not really interested" in selling them.

Here's a little advice: "Don't confuse PlowSite with Facebook!"

FYI - Dealer cost on a new 9'-2" Steel Power-V XT is $5491.00 & $5682.00 for a Poly.

Good luck on Craigslist.

15. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Well that may be true if your just snapping shots but if your really interested in selling you would post pics of the a-frame, mould board, cutting edge,etc. there's no such thing as two identical used plows. Believe me there's a lot of junk out there for sale. Been burnt once but won't be twice.

16. jimslawnsnow

from mn

you have cheap prices where your at. dealers here are 6500 -6800. I asked for your email and never got it to send you pictures. I also said obo

17. jimslawnsnow

from mn

18. djagusch

from mn

19. jimslawnsnow

from mn

really cant say yes or no that they sold. I have responded to an ad numerous times to say its sold and never deleted the ad. plows are plows. most of them look the same. mine are no different. I can put pics up but it wont show much other than what I have said

20. Buck331

Buck331 Member

You are correct. But remember I said Dealer Cost $5491 + $595 installation (taxable install labor in MN) + $395 (6.5% MN Tax) = $6481

Note: The above example represents 0% dealer profit. So if a dealer says $6500 - $6900, he's reasonable.