1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Possibly new model

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bcf, Jun 21, 2005.

1. bcf

bcf Senior Member

Hey Guys, I was talking to my Blizzard dealer today, and he told me a smaller, or I guess really just lighter version of the 810 is on its way out for us with 3/4 ton trucks. He didn't have any info on it, other than it will be lighter. Says he'll know more about it in a month or so. Anyone else heard about this? I've been thinking about one for the last year, but it would be awfully heavy on my 2500.
  2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

There is an 8611 LOpro out now but this plow is for the one ton crowd. This is a 8'6" to 11' plow but with the 810 moldboard height of 31" verses the normal 34" height of the standard 8611. Not sure what the difference is as far as the weight savings. I do no this will hang on most one tons. Is this what he is talking about ?
  3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

The nice folks at Blizzard have come out with a few new offerings for this year.

The Three new models are the 760SW- Speedwing , the 860SW - Speedwing, 8611Lo Pro- 8611 lo profile that has the same height moboard as the 810.

Speedwings have wings that automatically pitch back on the trailing end of the plow as the plow is angled.

The lo pro has the same moboard height as the 810 and only weights a little more than the 810 does now.

In the works is a little revamp to the 810 to reduce the weight but it's not on line untill mid season at the earliest.

4. bcf

bcf Senior Member

When you say mid season, you mean early 2006? That stinks. Too bad I can't wait. That speedwing sounds very innovative, but is there a lock out on it for when backdragging?
  5. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

yes, the wings can be locked for back dragging or for straight blade work.
  6. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

The speedwings will be available this September.
  7. Jerre Heyer

Actuall the speed wings are available now as the dealers take delivery. The need to pin the wings for backdraging is actually not really necessary as the wings are pivoted forward and held there with a large spring. They can be pinned back to make a larger straight blade if desired though.

The changes to the 810 will probably be made for the early in the 2006 season along with some other features being developed.

8. jhoser_2000

jhoser_2000 Junior Member

Is there any pictures, info on the new speed wing plows i have looked just about everywhere and can not find anything on them
  9. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

From the National Truck Equipment show in Indy

blizzard speed plow.jpg
  10. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

They also have a smaller unit for the lighter trucks.

blizzard tiny front.jpg
  11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Them speed wings look like nice little plows
  12. Jerre Heyer

Epic, Just got done assembling the first couple of 760 and 860 Speedwings. They should be a great addition to the blizzard lineup. Jerre
  13. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Hey just got back from the snow and ice expo with a pic of the new 8611LP it looks great.