1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Possible Valentines Day Storm

Discussion in 'Weather' started by I8URVTEC, Feb 6, 2007.

1. I8URVTEC

I8URVTEC Junior Member

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

i like the people over at accuweather, they seem to be very funny and personable!!....

mother nature, will you be my valentine!??

3. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

Henry

I guess I'm not the only person to read Henry's Blog on a daily basic.

Ray Grimes

4. MnM

MnM Senior Member

I feel like henry is my personal weather man. I read that blog the minute its posted

5. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Yea Henry is not afraid to stick his neck out and will take the blame if he is wrong. Elliot is a cool guy also.

6. 129

129 Junior Member

AccuWeather fan

I have just made my first visit to this web site. I loved it! I usually depend on NOAA weather, but was really impressed by this site. Looking forward to seeing more of it in the future!:salute:

7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

SHHHHH, you're going to jinx it! j/k. Seriously, I REALLY hope we get some snow soon, before I go away on vacation. With my luck we'll get 2' while I'm away :realmad: :dizzy: ...

8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

And I thought I was the only one, I guess there's others out there obsessed with the weather like me :rolleyes: :dizzy:

9. mickman

mickman Senior Member

I will be checking that site out all the time now...thanks for the link.
    I'm starting to see alot of discussions about next week.
    but I always look forward to the Presidents Day weekends for the East coast.
    There have been some dumpers...& I think we're alittle rusty plowing.....it's been soooooooooo-looooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggg...Good luck!!

10. J29

J29 Senior Member

Henry seems like a nice guy, but he has been wrong on every single storm this winter, at least as far as So. New England is concerned. I've been waiting for the Big Daddy he has been talking about for a month now. He bites too early on the big storms. I don't mind if he sticks his neck out, but calling for a big storm a week in advance isn't what I would do. The models simply change too much in that time period. In his defense though, even the NOAA guys have said on more than one occasion that this winter has been particuarly tough to forecast, that the models have not done a good job. All I'm saying is I'm sick of Henry getting my hopes up just to watch them go out to sea all the time. Sorry for the long post. J.

11. BMPM

BMPM Member

henry is for us guys out there trying to make a living off of the white stuff. he likes snow, hell evey time im on line i check his updates. and plan accordingly!

12. BMPM

BMPM Member

feel like henry is my personal weather man. I read that blog the minute its posted

same here

13. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Yea, Henry has been wrong for us in New England but he also lets us know that the models have been doing the cha cha all winter and he is right? I read his blog everyday the storms are on the models one day and then the next they disapear. He is always honest and sincere thoug and he wants the big storms like the rest of us!!!

Mak.

14. J29

J29 Senior Member

Makplow,
    I completely agree that he is honest and sincere. I wasn't trying to say that he was intentionally misleading us in any way. All I was trying to say was that he makes the call too early and says a snowstorm is coming, and then nothing. Maybe it's just because he's just as anxious as I am to get a big storm. I really hope he's right on this one next week too, although reading the NOAA discussions, they're already saying it's going out to sea again. Go figure, that's the story of the winter. J.

15. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Your right J Looks like Henry called another one too soon and the valentine's day storm is going out too sea below us. It seems like everone in the country is getting snow except Mass, Conn , and R.I. :angry:

Mak

16. J29

J29 Senior Member

I just read his latest entry, figures. We can't buy any snow around here. Just when you think about getting a good storm, nothin'. I think I'm moving to Oswego county NY. They could get a 100 inches by the time all this lake effect is over. That's crazy!! J.

17. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I just saw Henry's latest report, he says there'll only be snow SOUTH of Maryland!:angry: D@%N...I wonder if we'll EVER get any real snow in Northern, NJ!:confused: With my luck we'll probably get a blizzard while I'm away!:dizzy: :cry:

18. BMPM

BMPM Member

i think we should all load up and go to Oswego, Ny Hell there is enough snow ther for all of us make some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

19. makplow

makplow Senior Member

i'm starting to worry if we don't get any snow cover soon the frost is going to drive in so deep that it ill be the end of April before it comes out so some of us can't get back to our summer work. There will be a ton of mud also. We will also get flooded with rain to complicate matters even more. Sorry too sound pessimistic but i'm worried?

Mak

20. I8URVTEC

I8URVTEC Junior Member

This weather is just insane. We have only gotten a total of 2-3" so far this year. I have a feeling people around here are going to be talking about this winter for years to come.