1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Possible to convert a Fisher to Western Ultra-Mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Diesel_brad, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Senior Member

Like the title states. Is it possible to convert a Fisher Minute Mount over to Ultra mount??

I have a 92-97 F-Series truck side Ultra Mount frame(nothing else)

I found a pretty good deal on Fisher minute mount complete with everything(I know I need to change truck side harness for my application) but can a Ultra-Mount A-frame be mounted in place of Minute mount A_frame?

2. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I would think with the right fabrication anything is possible. Would it be to your advantage money wise I have no idea. Someone will chime in that will be able to give you a answer. Hopefully, Do you have the a frame to the minute mount. You say complete?

3. Diesel_brad

No, I just found it on CL, I was just trying to open my options up

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

I'm trying to make sense of this original question.... If you find a used Fisher plow with mount and wiring for your truck, you would want to take your ultramount mount off and use the Fisher mount. If it doesn't have the right mount for your truck, then you will need a Fisher mount. Depending on what kind of wiring you have on the truck and what kind of wiring the Fisher plow is set up for, you may or may not have to change your wiring.

As for converting a Fisher plow to an Ultramount plow - uhhh. That would probably not work out at all. If it's a straight plow they are way different where the blade pivots on the a-frame. Fisher A-frame is made of channel and has a huge pivot point because they have a trip edge instead of tripping the whole blade. Besides, the part on a Western Ultramount that sticks into the receivers isn't even the a-frame anyway, that's the lower lift frame. Now if you are talking V-plows they may be less different than the straight plows, but still probably not feasible.

The only way what you're saying would make sense is if you had a Fisher plow for free, and had a whole Ultramount plow, but the blade was all rusted through, and you had a whole bunch of time to waste cutting and welding to try and cobble them together so you could mount it to the Ultramount setup you already have on your truck.

5. Diesel_brad

Thanks for the reply. I do NOT want a Fisher, but since fisher and Western are sister companies, I was wondering if their plows were similar enough to pin together. Just like their wiring is.

But I guess not

6. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

nope, completely different in the way they hook up.

Diesel_brad likes this.