1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

POSSIBLE T/Pad Control Problem...????

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BBChevy, Dec 14, 2010.

1. BBChevy

BBChevy Junior Member

I Have Just Installed a Meyers Plow,E60 Pump.
    Touch Pad Control.Heres the Problem>?
    After Plowing for the 1st 1 1/2 the Controller Lost Power?BUT,after sitting about 6-8 minutes,it came back to life.Powered back up.But,only for a small amount of time,and now will continuiously do the same thing?
    Seems like a Touch-Pad Problem?
    I switched it out w/another Pad.It was a Used Pad,that has Issues?It is Stuck in the Down(Float)position.It worked for about 10 minutes and it does the SAME Thing?
    After using it,it with go Dead then Cool down and come back to life,only short time though?
    ANY Ideas?Is there anything other than the Pad,that could cause this?>
    Should I just buy a New Pad,and call it a Day?
  2. bdschumaker

bdschumaker Junior Member
    from IL

Double check all wiring connections, including the ground.
  3. BBChevy

BBChevy Junior Member

Thats what Hes WORKING on as We Speak!
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!
  4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Pay close attention to the orange ground wire under the hood , it should go directly to the battery negative terminal, also check the grounding on the plow sump assembly , if it is a 2 terminal motor be sure there is a ground strap between D1 terminal and the sump base .

Grounding issues will spell almost instant death to a touchpad.

5. BBChevy

BBChevy Junior Member

I Located the ISSUE?After 2.5 hrs in my Shop,the Pad NEVER Lost Power,with the Key on.I Checked Every Connection,Ground,you name it?I had came to the Conclusion that the Harness had a Break in 1 of the wires and told the Customer that I would Order a New Harness?So I pulled the Truck Outside and let it Run!The Pad went dead with-in a minute......?Back in the Shop and VIOLA!
    I Guess where I had the Power Wire hooked up,it was some type of MOMENTARY Power wire?????
    Moved the Power wire and its all GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
    THANKS for all the HELP!!
    This was a 2003 Chevy 2500,18ga purple wire out of the Fuse panel.
    Just for the Reference!