1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Possible sub in the Central MA area

Discussion in 'Networking' started by GPS, Oct 9, 2009.

1. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

I know this can be a frustrating time of year for business owners. Some accounts haven't signed yet, or maybe you're lucky enough to have more work than you think you can handle.

Maybe you could use me as a sub. Here's my situation. Maybe it can be beneficial to you. I plow for my town. When I get called, I go, and we plow until the snow stops. Plowing is usually finished pretty quickly after the snow event ends, unless it was so bad we couldn't keep up with it. Either way, I know commercial contractors are still working on parking lots, etc. that they kept open during the storm, and clean up later. Here's where I think I could be of service. Part-time subbing, I guess you could say. Saves you from having too many guys when the lots are full of cars, but not enough when they open up for clearing. Saves me from heading home early, knowing I could still be earning some money. Beneficial for both sides.

I have a 2006 Dodge 3/4 ton with an 8' Fisher straight blade. Truck and plow are in great shape, well maintained, and reliable. I like to think I'm very reliable. Contracts are the name of the game these days, but if I say I'm going to do something, I do it. I am commercially insured for snowplowing, and can provide documentation as to the amounts, etc.

I'm in Grafton, so anywhere in the area would be good. Westborough, Upton, Shrewsbury, Northborough, Northbridge/Whitinsville, Millbury, Hopkinton, etc. Further is not out of the question, either.

Sound like it may work for you? If so, shoot me a PM, and we can talk about it.

Thanks,
    Ken

2. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Just bumping this up.

Also, I'm not against the idea of working on an employee basis, using your equipment. I have a clean driving record.

3. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Not trying to annoy anyone, just giving this the weekend bump. :waving: