1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Possible Significant Snow!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snow Picasso, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

I just heard Tom Skilling talking about some new info on a possible SIGNIFICANT snow fall for Chicago Thurs & Friday. Anyone else hear anything?

2. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Rain forcasted here in Detroit with almost 40 degree temps on Friday.

3. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

Just read his blog.....He says the cold front is slowing down and a low pressure system is going to develop in Texas and head North. If this happens it could get very interesting around here! Big Snow!!! payup payup payup

4. durchins

durchins Member

Lots of my sesonal customers from last year have been slow in sending in contracts. A nice heavy wet snowfall is just what the doctor ordered to bring the remaining customers back.
    I always love the last minute customers who need their drives cleared now but have not sent in a penny.

LET IT SNOW!

As a side note, it sure was nice putting up xmas lights in 60 degree temps and driving around with the top off in november

5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

You jinxed it. Now its suppose to be heading into the Ohio Valley.LOL

6. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

John Dee is calling for 1-4 up here in mid Michigan (Bay County) by Friday morning. http://johndee.com/

7. durchins

durchins Member

Is this better......these 60 degree temps are nice. Cruising around with the top off in November is fantastic. I think this WARM weather will be with us for awhile

8. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

A friend of mine called me last night, said that Terry Swailes on KWQC out of the Quad Cities was callin for upwards of 6" Thursday night into Friday. Ironiclly the first good snow last year was on Dec 1. Friday is Dec 1st so we will see.

Will

9. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Its still a ways away. But I heard plowable snow for thurs night and friday. Im getting my spreaders mounted today.

10. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

We are ready to go..... but I'm not..We still have 4 huge landscape projects to get done along with tons of holiday light installs.. :dizzy:

11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

The forecasts are all over for us. Anything from 0 accumulation and cold to 12-15". This was at noon, the computer models are all over with this thing.

My gut was telling me we're going to get hammered, but I'm starting to not feel that way anymore. Too many blown forecasts in the past couple three years.

12. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I just picked up a pallet of salt (at Volvo Rents for $3.25 per bag) to be prepared.:salute:

13. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Im guessing this is the same system that gave us a good rain in Fargo yesterday... :realmad:

14. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Computer models now saying a lot of this activity is going south. Of course

15. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

It is way to early in the game it is still first quarter.... patience...What is going to happened is everyone is going to post whatever they see on TV or hear on the radio.. seen it many times on this site..so everyone calm down and wait till is gets closer to the time of the event..

16. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

100% agree.

I would rather see threads created that say..."I just plowed ___ inches and man am I tired."

17. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Loaded the salt bins with 10 tons of chemicals and need another 5 for the trucks plus worked 24 hours in the last 48 tired and ready.....

18. ECS

ECS Senior Member

This system was suppose to hit here pretty good. Well it missed us and we only got between 1-2 inches. Has been windy and now turning very cold.

19. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Our forecast for NWPA has changed 3 or 4 times in the last day and a half. I'm just glad ALL of our fall clean ups and mowings are finally done so now all I need to focus on is plowing, and no more big honkin trailer blocking my plow.

20. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I'm not holding my breath. Especially as I just walked in from being outside in a t-shirt....:dizzy: