1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Possible rebuild?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by artic429, Dec 29, 2008.

1. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

I have two 7.6" blades and one blade seems to bleed off when im shoring snow off to one side or the other. (if that makes any sense to you) I was just wondering if i can rebuild the angle cylinders or if that would be just a waste of time or even if thats a problem or not. I dont really remember my other blade having this problem.

2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

3. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

But thats part of the pump tho , isnt it?

4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Yes its inside the pump. Have you ever rebuilt one?

5. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Ive never done a rebuild before, never seen it done before or anything. The only thing Ill have to go off of is schematics off the net and question and answers on this forum. I cant see it being a very big job tho, but i may be wrong about that.

6. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Download a manual from Meyers. These pumps are pretty easy to rebuild but your going to need a pressure guage to adjust your releif valves. Find B&B on here and PM him. He can help you out or ask one of us. I have rebuild a dozen or so of these pump. As long as it's an E47.

7. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

My brand new E58-H does the same thing, so does my older one. Is there an adjustment that can be made to the crossover valve. I just assumed It was an overload saftey I have got to jam it pretty hard, like when I am triming an icy burm.

8. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Hey thats another good question too.... im pretty sure that i have a E47 but is there any way to find out what it is for sure? I have some numbers stamped in the pump , can i tell what it is from them numbers?