1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Possible Nor'Easter?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cward05, Dec 15, 2004.

1. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

I know this is a bit early, but I can't help myself...this season, now that I have a plow, I have been watching the weather men like a hawk...apparently, there could be a HUGE coastal storm this coming Sunday or Monday for CT. What does huge consist of anyway, like 6 inches? Anyone hear any good news for the NE?

2. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

could it be

I just added my last two customers sat. and they are hinting at the storm you are talking about. NECN here has been talking of it. But the weather channel has no reference to it? it is coming up from the south I think. my first season with a plow in cape cod. I guess I better get those markers in !

3. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Huge in my book is Blizzard conditions , over 12 accum snow, a couple inches an hour at times.I tend to prefer the smaller storms over the huge ones for the fact that sitting in the plow truck gets old fast, after 20 hrs of plowing.Also the increased risk of something going wrong especially when this would be the first real plow event so far.With that said if the forecasts don't change i plan on getting a lot of extra sleep ahead of time :)

4. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I got a frickin problem.

Anyways, it appears MA will get snow, while northern parts of NH, and Maine, and VT will get snow... while central New England will get Snow Showers. :cry: CT should see a mix of rain/snow or all rain.

You people in the south are pissing me off getting all the deep snow, same with the north, but I'm afraid the north always tends to.

This is all on Monday and Monday night.

Nothing on Saturday or Sunday.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The weather channel is starting to point out a storm off the coast for Monday. They say it just depends on how close to the coast it stays!
    It's going to send moisture inland and we all can share in the white stuff.

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

no one knows whats what unitl sun night at least

7. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

A storm is coming, there is *supposedly* going to be arctic air in place, depends on the track of the low (which is all the way out in the pacific now). If the jet stream keeps giving us this direct cold flow straight out of the north pole and it steers the storm slightly off the east coast then we will gewt significant snow right to the eastern coastline. Who knows if it will all come togather, i think so, we are due for another storm, we should have alredy had a big one by now.

8. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

I heard talk else where that the jet stream hasn't looked like this in several years..........accuweather.com was already comparing the formation to the March 2001 storm which dropped 20 inches here. I also saw maps tonite that indicated a 2" liquid equvilant, which is a fairly large amount of snow.........time will tell

9. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Get ready guys! Hell even the weather people here in MN are talking about the big storm that's going to hit out there. We're jealous...good luck and hope it hits!

Buck

10. jcmjclem

jcmjclem Junior Member

I was listening the marine forcast for this weekend. (Thought if I'm not plowing I might as well go striper fishing.) :drinkup: They mentioned a deepening low coming up the coast and the possibilty of powerful noreaster. Stripers out plowing in guys. Hope for pennies from heaven!!! :drinkup:

11. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Nor'Easter?

THis is the first time i have heard of it...Guess i should get the truck ready and plow checked out.....

12. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

YES SIR BOYS!

According to WMUR News (in NH), we will be getting a BIG storm starting Monday!

BUT, it's going to be a coastal storm.

13. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

There saying a Coastal Storm which means probably that it will drop 6" then turn to rain, then after the rain stops and well before we finish cleaning up the temp will drop to 15 degrees and freeze everything up and then I can fight ice for weeks!!

14. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

I love that word ICE lots of saltings every morning can't wait :redbounce

15. go plow

go plow Senior Member

cward05

hey cward05, im in ct too man, LET IT SNOW!!!!!!!!! i cant wait any longer.....

16. Mikelandscaping

Mikelandscaping Senior Member

Let it snow is right. Hoping that this one will be the big money maker. Need the $$$$$$$$$$ lol. From the local news stations they are not saying wether if this will be a direct hit for CT but hopefully it will be.

17. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

hey go plow, I am glad you are as excited as I am lol...where are you in CT. I am in Cheshire. btw mike, I agree about the prediction. they are a bit shaky now.

18. danno

danno Senior Member

Stamford CT here. :waving:

19. bfbchief

bfbchief Junior Member
    from CT

I hear it is going out to sea and we aren't getting much now. But it seems to change with every news cast....we'll see.

20. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I also heard a trend toward out to sea.It still too early they will keep going back and forth. As long as it comes close enough to give us three inches payup