1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Possible NorEaster!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hoot, Feb 15, 2004.

1. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

Watch
    The Weather Channel
    for storm updates
    Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service
    ...ATLANTIC NJ-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY NJ-BERKS PA-BUCKS PA-CAMDEN NJ- CAPE MAY NJ-CARBON PA-CAROLINE MD-CECIL MD-CHESTER PA- COASTAL ATLANTIC NJ-COASTAL OCEAN NJ-CUMBERLAND NJ-DELAWARE PA- DELAWARE BEACHES DE-EASTERN MONMOUTH NJ-GLOUCESTER NJ-HUNTERDON NJ- INLAND SUSSEX DE-KENT MD-KENT DE-LEHIGH PA-MERCER NJ-MIDDLESEX NJ- MONROE PA-MONTGOMERY PA-MORRIS NJ-NEW CASTLE DE-NORTHAMPTON PA- NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON NJ-OCEAN NJ-PHILADELPHIA PA-QUEEN ANNE'S MD- SALEM NJ-SOMERSET NJ-SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON NJ-SUSSEX NJ-TALBOT MD- WARREN NJ-WESTERN MONMOUTH NJ- 410 AM EST SUN FEB 15 2004

... POTENTIAL NOR'EASTER LATE TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY... ... A RETURN TO COLDER THAN NORMAL TEMPERATURES IN THE INTERIM...

COMPUTER GUIDANCE CONTINUES TO INDICATE THE POSSIBILITY OF A SIGNIFICANT SNOW EVENT FOR MUCH OF THE NORTHERN DELMARVA AS WELL AS SOUTHEASTERN PORTIONS OF NEW JERSEY BEGINNING AS EARLY AS LATE TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND LASTING INTO THE FIRST PART OF WEDNESDAY. SEVERAL COMPUTER MODELS SUGGEST THAT LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP ALONG THE CAROLINA COAST ON TUESDAY AND TRACK NORTHEAST TO A LOCATION OFF THE NORTHERN MID ATLANTIC COAST ON WEDNESDAY. AS A RESULT OF AN ARCTIC AIRMASS THAT WILL BE IN PLACE OVER MUCH OF THE REGION, MOST OF THE PRECIPITATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW, IF NOT ALL, IS EXPECTED TO BE IN THE FORM OF SNOW.

WITH THE POSSIBLE NOR'EASTER STILL THREE DAYS AWAY, NOT ALL COMPUTER MODELS ARE IN AGREEMENT PERTAINING TO THE TRACK AND STRENGTH OF THE SYSTEM AS WELL AS HOW FAR NORTH AND WEST, AWAY FROM THE COAST, THE PRECIPITATION WILL FALL. AS OF EARLY SUNDAY MORNING, IT APPEARED THAT THE GREATEST AMOUNT OF SNOWFALL WOULD FALL SOUTH AND EAST OF THE PHILADELPHIA METROPOLITAN AREA.

ANOTHER POSSIBLE CONCERN FOR THE WEDNESDAY TIME FRAME IS TIDAL FLOODING. AT THE MOMENT, IT DOESN'T APPEAR THE AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL BE EXTREMELY STRONG AS IT PASSES THE COASTLINES OF DELAWARE AND NEW JERSEY. BUT, WITH THE NEW MOON OCCURRING ON FRIDAY, ASTRONOMICAL TIDES WILL BE RUNNING HIGH. THUS, DEPENDING UPON THE EXACT TRACK AND TIMING OF THIS SYSTEM, SOME TIDAL FLOODING AND BEACH EROSION MAY OCCUR.

WITH A FAIR DEGREE OF UNCERTAINTY REGARDING THIS SYSTEM, CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS IN THE EVENT THAT A SIGNIFICANT STORM DOES ULTIMATELY DEVELOP.

THE COLD AIR THAT THIS SYSTEM WOULD ACT UPON, UNLIKE THE SYSTEM ITSELF, IS A CERTAINTY. IN FACT, YOU'LL NOTICE THE CHANGE IN AIRMASS WHEN YOU STEP OUTSIDE TODAY. DAYTIME TEMPERATURES WILL AVERAGE ABOUT 15 DEGREES COLDER THAN ON SATURDAY. WIND CHILL VALUES WILL FALL BELOW ZERO IN NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA AND NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY AND DROP TO THE SINGLE DIGITS AND TEENS ELSEWHERE. BRISK NORTH WINDS WILL CONTINUE TO REINFORCE THE ARCTIC AIR TONIGHT AND AT THE SAME TIME PUSH WIND CHILL VALUES TO BELOW ZERO THROUGHOUT THE REGION. WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO DIMINISH LATER TONIGHT....

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I hope this storm makes it into new england. I would really be mad if it rained as they are predicting temps in the low 30's which could flip snow to rain:angry:

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i just heard that to on local news

4. computerguy

computerguy Member

I am not much of a religious guy but hey I am praying for a nice slow moving N'oreaster. :angel: The bank account could use the funds too:D Nice, I got a bunch of accounts and no snow!:realmad: Maybe it will help if I do a dance outside :confused:
    Cheers all. Hope the weather guys aren't yanking our chains again.

5. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

Eh its time for mowing and landscape season, I don't really care if we get it, but apparently this is susposed to be a big storm. Who knows.

6. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Will it hit Upstate New York--say about the Glens Falls area?

7. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Doesn't look like a true noreaster since its not gonna go north of south ct say ...Usually us up near the canadian border get the NEster's....Sat sun looks good for us maybe...

8. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

i just heard a light light dusting maybe for south ct.i hope it does brew and get us good.We need another good one!

9. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Sounds like a near miss for connecticut and most of new england at that. We can hope It will still come up the coast , but are the weather guys ever wrong ;)

10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

anyone hear anything else about it

11. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

Wave byebye to that storm..:nod:

12. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc Member

Hit Maine..Please.. I'm getting bored...:drinkup:

13. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Philly south are getting few inches. North Jersey dusting to inch snow. Nothing north of Rt 78.
    I don't need any more snow any ways. I have lots work once spring breaks.

14. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

15. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

16. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Unfortunately, yes. Last year in Maine we got 4" on Feb 18th which was also the last significant snowfall.

17. computerguy

computerguy Member

Typical weather forecast. I do better with my dart board predicting the weather

18. computerguy

computerguy Member

No N'oreaster but maybe a few inches. That would be something. And something is better than nothing payup

19. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

SPRING???

Dude, Spring's over 30 days away! Mowing won't start for at least 50 days!

If your not making more money plowing snow than landscaping, then somethings wrong! I say keep the snow coming!

Looks like this one is fizzling out and heading down to South Joisy.

I may not even see a flake where I am

:realmad:

20. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

looks like its coming further north than expected. Some statios are saying 2-4" south of boston. I just went out to the store and saw some people with their plows on Supposed to start tonight and last into tommrrow. Depends on the weather report tonight but i will probley mount up the plow before i go to sleep.