1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Possible NorEaster Tuesday

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hoot, Mar 14, 2004.

1. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

Local Philly forecast is calling for 100% chance of snow on Tuesday!!!!

2. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

I'm surprised that with a winter like this I still even watch the weather. Hopefully maybe this time they will be close to being right.

3. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Don't count on it...

4. gpin

gpin Senior Member

The NWS is also claiming a low of 35 and a high of 39. The ground is pretty warm so I'm not sure how much is going to stick.

5. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

They are calling for storms most all week. The ground is too soft to plow so I hope they are wrong.Lets have an early spring......

Gene

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

lets have a noreaster lets not have a early spring plenty of days of heat and humidity ahead

7. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Tuesday: Cloudy. Snow developing around midday, possibly heavy at times through the late afternoon and evening. Several inches of snow are possible by Tuesday night. Highs around 35.
    Wednesday: Cloudy skies. Flurries possible. Highs 35 to 40.
    Thursday: Cloudy, with a chance of snow. Highs 35 to 40.
    Friday: Mostly clouy. Chance of rain and snow showers. High around 40.

From the NBC30 Storm Center... Brace yourself for a very active weather week! Monday will be a nice day across the state, but things go downhill on Tuesday. A storm will move up the coast, spreading a swath of snow across Connecticut. The snow will continue through Tuesday evening. The potential exists for several inches of snow. Although it is too early to predict exact amounts, it is possible that some places could see over six inches of snow. The unsettled and cool weather will continue through the end of the week.

8. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

starting to look good according to noaa they put up a storm warning. Can't believe it might happen I think I need to go back to training school again, its been so long. Residential plowers be careful about pushing with such soft turf, been my experience that at this time of the year sprinkler heads can be easily torn off by plow, costing you more than you make. Weather man says that the days following the snow will be cold so that helps explain why we would plow this time of year. I have some gravel driveways in the route so I will need allot of snow to pull the trigger on those. Anyway lets hope for the best and careful plowing men!

9. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like it'll be more of an EasEaster! :p

It's coming straight across from the mid west. Its in Iowa now.

A NorEaster swoops down south and gains moisture, then heads North East up the coast to get us.

This is WIERD.....Less than 24 hrs away, and NOT ONE prediction of depth by ANY local station. :confused:

I'm gonna be watching today at lunchtime, and again at dinner to get a "feel" for this one.

Salt spreader is still "ON" from the previous "scares" this month.

It would be $$ NICE $$ payup

10. mole

mole Senior Member

There calling for 3-5 inches in buffalo tommrow.

11. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

sure would be nice, thier calling for 3-5" tomorrow for use. I wouldn't hold my breath though. I'll believe it when I see it.

12. PLOWMAN45

hpe there right

A Major Winter Storm in the Midwest, Heading to the Northeast...
    by AccuWeather.com meteorologist Kathy Francis

A developing storm over Kansas this morning will track across Missouri tonight and to central Kentucky by tomorrow morning. North of the storm track, there will be a corridor of heavy snow. Six to twelve inches of snow will fall in southern Iowa and into west central Illinois today. Surrounding this area, 3-6 inches seems likely for northeastern Nebraska, across central Iowa and into northern Illinois. An inch or so of wet snow will try to accumulate as far south as St. Louis and downstate Illinois later tonight as well. The snow will push eastward across Indiana and Ohio tonight into tomorrow. Three to six inches seems likely for northern and central Indiana and northern and central Ohio; a couple of inches can accumulate up into southern lower Michigan. Then tomorrow, it is the Northeast that will take the brunt of this strengthening storm. There will be 6-10 inches in northeastern Pennsylvania, up into the Catskills, and eventually into central New England; surrounding this area, there will be 3-6 inches. The southernmost extent of the accumulating snow tomorrow will be near the Mason-Dixon Line (Pennsylvania-Maryland border). On the southern fringe of the storm, there will be some mixed precipitation, holding down the snow amounts
    purplebou

13. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

Geez, I just went to the bank with my windows down and my outside temp reading 59. And now 3-6 inches tomorrow. If this isn't weird, I don't know what is...

14. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

This just in for Providence, RI:

Monday night: Fair to partly cloudy. Low 29F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Tuesday: Mostly cloudy with heavy snow developing later in the day. Cold. High around 35F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 2 to 4 inches of snow expected.
    Tuesday night: Periods of snow. Snow will be heavy at times especially in the evening. Low 27F. Winds NE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 4 to 7 inches of snow expected.
    Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with scattered snow showers mainly during the morning. Cold. High near 35F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

I hate to admit it but I've jinxed this storm. I put the plow on so there's no way it'll snow.

Chris
    78 Unimog 406 w/ 10' Fisher
    www.offroad-imports.com

15. mole

mole Senior Member

GENESEE-LIVINGSTON-MONROE-NIAGARA-NORTHERN CAYUGA-NORTHERN ERIE- ONTARIO-ORLEANS-SOUTHERN ERIE-WAYNE-WYOMING- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF BATAVIA... BUFFALO... CANANDAIGUA... FAIR HAVEN... GENESEO... MEDINA... NEWARK... NIAGARA FALLS... ROCHESTER... SPRINGVILLE AND WARSAW 950 PM EST MON MAR 15 2004
    ... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND TUESDAY NIGHT...

EXPECT SNOW TO BEGIN LATE TUESDAY MORNING... BECOMING HEAVY AT TIMES DURING THE AFTERNOON. ACCUMULATIONS BY TUESDAY EVENING WILL RANGE FROM 3 TO 5 INCHES OVER THE CENTRAL PORTIONS OF WESTERN NEW YORK... FROM BUFFALO EASTWARD INTO THE CENTRAL GENESEE VALLEY AND FINGER LAKES... TO 2 TO 4 INCHES ALONG THE LAKE SHORE COUNTIES FROM NIAGARA TO NORTHERN CAYUGA. STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS BY WEDNESDAY MORNING ARE EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 6 TO 10 INCHES. THE HEAVIEST PART OF THE STORM WILL INCLUDE THE EVENING RUSH HOUR.

dsc_186.jpg

16. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I do believe this should be a good one, heavy/ wet and deep!!
    Our yearly mid-March last har-rah.

The weathermen keep jumping up the storm total's before the snow even starts to fall. Two inches an hour at times they say.
    The national weather service issued a storm WARNING early this afternoon, maybe for once they will be right! Got the plow on, fluids topped off,coffee pot set, truck's ready to rock and roll.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2004
  17. PLOWMAN45

i heard it might snow thur night and all day friday

18. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Ready to go here.... Saying about 8 inches for us... should be getting some sleep :rolleyes:

19. PLOWMAN45

good i cant wait