1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Possible new project!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by OldSchoolPSD, Mar 15, 2014.

1. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

At least you won't have to get out to take a leak. :laughing: Looks like it would be a cool truck all fixed up. :mechanic:

3. OldSchoolPSD

Rust doesn't bother me (perks of owning a welding shop) but that gas motor does.

The old man has a loadstar down on the farm and if I remember right, it's tight quarters under the hood. I'm not even sure I can shoehorn a B5.9 in there. I'd hate to restore the truck and still have the gasser in there.

4. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Maybe go with a 392/4 bbl. ?

5. OldSchoolPSD

I'm sure the 345 pushes it down the road just fine... just not crazy about gas motors.

6. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I think if you find a 12v Cummins you'll be able to fit it in there...but just. You have a welding shop though right? You could always just extend the frame up front and move the radiator forwards.

7. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

8. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

That would a really cool project

9. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

I think International Loadstars later on could have been had w/ a 6v53 Detroit later on. Nothing sounds better wound out.