1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Possible Lake Effect Snow!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clncut, Dec 17, 2004.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Chris, Looks like we may be finally getting some snow Sunday! payup I hope so, Im tired of going to the garage and finding myself staring at the plow!! I think my TV screen has the weather channel logo burned into it!

I know, I have a problem. Knowing I have a problem is the first step to recovery!! :drinkup:

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I am curious at how much they are calling for you up there? Here In Columbus I have heard 1-3 and 2-4 from local forecasters. I hope we get it too. I am getting bored sitting around.

3. clncut

Today on weather forcaster stated possibly 6"+ starting Sat. night into most of the day Sunday! :nod: We will just have to see if that changes as Sunday gets closer.

4. lqmustang

lqmustang Member

Last night I saw 3 completely different forecasts on the 3 major new channels. I'll believe what we get when it actually starts piling up.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Watch FOX8 they seem to be right more then the other channels.
    Dick Goddard seems to know his stuff. He will be the first one to say you just can't figure out how much we will get.

6. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Update for Columbus, Ohio. I have only seen two guys so far and they are saying anywhere from .5 inch to 3 inches. :angry: So we might get 1.5 inches. My predictions.

7. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

yep, suposedly a big storm rolling in sunday night with the lake effect, the local station hasn't come up with any predictios on how much. Of course when we were getting lake effect tuesday they were saying rain on saturday :help:

8. clncut

just checked on the weather forcast and the weather channel has a winter storm warning for our area. 10-15 inches possible. I love living in the snowbelt!! payup

9. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

We might be getting anywhere from 0-10 inches per NOAA. I am right on the state line by illinois/indiana and I bet I'm just outside the line of fire. Won't know til the snow flies!

10. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

weather channel says 6 to 10 here in north central Ind but the local says 0 to 1" that sucks :mad:

11. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

It's About Time!!!!!!!!!!!

Forecast for Chesterton, IN 5:30 AM

Lake Effect Snow Warning
    Lake Effect Snow Watch

Today: Snow likely after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 37. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 15 to 20 mph becoming northwest. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Tonight: Periods of snow showers. Low around 19. Windy, with a north northwest wind between 25 and 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Sunday: Periods of snow showers. High near 19. Wind chill values between 1 and 6. Blustery, with a north northwest wind between 15 and 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

GIT R' DONE!!!!!!! :drinkup:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  12. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

As usual, I think it is going north and east of me. Always happens! :realmad:

13. clncut

Its HERE! Snowing like crazy at the moment. I just heard Lake County was added to the Winter Storm Warning - 6-12 inches possible. Be safe out there, wind chill are expected to get below 0 tonight.

100_0610 (Small).JPG

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  14. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have rain and sleet of all things at near midnight Sat.
    I knew something was up when the City trucks were throwing salt even tho it was not doing anything! My trucks had all I could think of done,it's fueled and pointed out of the drive just waiting for the snow!
    Got a $4 an hour raise tonight too,BONUS!!!!

15. KSWART

KSWART Member

Rain/Sleet/Little Snow in Buffalo... Supposed to be 1-2 inches tonight and maybe more tomorrow. But with the temp dropping to near zero tomorrow evening and the lake still not frozen anything could happen.

16. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

well the lake effect missed us today, it came straight off the lake (north-south) and hit a small area real hard. THey picked up aroud two feet claimed the local news but only two inches here

17. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

At least you got something. Down here we only got about 1/4 inch. Some big storm here! East of us about 20 miles they got about 14 inches. As usual!