1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

possible ground problem?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 70monte, Aug 26, 2009.

1. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

My 98 K1500 has a weird issue when you turn the blinkers on. The needle on the volt gauge slightly moves back and forth and the light in the airbag on/off switch goes brighter/dimmer with the clicking of the blinkers. I've had this issue for awhile and was wondering if anyone knew if this might be a ground problem and where I could look.

I checked all the engine compartment grounds when this problem first appeared and I made sure they were all clean and tight. Thanks.

Wayne

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I have the same issue on my 92 Blazer. Although mine is a little bit crazier, like when you hit bumps it moves, etc. Took the alt out and had it tested, checked out ok. Made sure all the terminals were good to go and clean on the battery, still no fix. I had a similar issue with my 94 2500 and it turned out to be the fusible link by the battery was garbage. Put a new one in and a new line from the alt to the battery, no more issue.

3. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I will have to check the fusible link and probably need to check the positive side battery cable again since the original battery had the positive side terminal leak. My alternator is a new AC-Delco one and the battery is fairly new also. Thanks.

Wayne