1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Possible BIG DADDY

Discussion in 'Weather' started by FISHERBOY, Mar 4, 2008.

1. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Possible northeast snow storm for friday throught Saturday afternoon right now the heaviest snow is in central pa, western, ny and virginia, rain to snow in the I-95 corridor, now the track is the main problem, a shift either east or west will impact us all, so winter isn't over yet.payup

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

not for u but maybe me....:cry:

3. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

It will track more west just like every other storm this winter. And im not saying that cause I live in northeast ohio, its just been the pattern this winter.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It's freezing rain here(Buffalo) the trees are hanging all ready.

5. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

too warm here. We are gonna start averaging mid 40's this week, then maybe 50's next week. Time to fire up them mowers!

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Winter is over, big daddy isn't going to come close to us now. :cry: I just want to used up the last 125 tons of salt we got left.

7. grandview

Ended up with a mess .Freezing rain to ice pellets back to rain then snow. Only ended up with 2-3 inches but it was like plowing wet sand.

8. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

yea, the ice crap we had caused our highway dept. to get an emergency supply of salt because our town over dumps imo.

9. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

big daddy

looks like i was wrong abou the storm, the heaviest snow is going to be in western ny, ohio, while we get mostly rain in the northeast corrider:cry:

10. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

yep, lookin good for ohio and pa.

11. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

western ny as in buff, roc, syr??

12. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

Thats like 125 tons of gold around here. Most of the highway depts are run out, mixing with sand. All of the stores are out of bags... and I'm only 20 minutes from the Cargill salt mine :dizzy:

13. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Send down a truck and we can fill ya up.

If anybody that gets hit by big daddy needs help. Just ask, I can moblize 5-10 bobcats, 2 463 mini bobcats, tractors with blowers and more plow trucks you know what to do with.

14. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

SYR got natta....mostly rain along the city, ice on the hill tops, and ice up norther a little ways...with a quick dusting of snow after....

we had the same problem here with salt..ran it low...there now mixing more sand with salt to extend the supply out...(80% sand 20% salt...+/- 5 percent)

15. grandview

starts fri night sleet mixed with snow early Sat.But they aren't really saying how much snow

16. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

yea, that what i heard too. They keep metioning "significant accumulation possible" but thats it.

17. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

heavy snow during the late day in cuse...pouring rain right now..