1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Possable trade???? For a snoway???

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Plowtoy, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Im looking to trade my Western 8' straight blade for a 7'6" snoway to fit my 1994 Chevrolet 1500 suburban. I had a 1 ton truck the western came off of but i just turned in my lease and bought this suburban and i think it is just a little much for a half ton truck. I do currently have the western undercarrage on the suburban but it should only take a hour to take off.
    The western is in pretty good shape, it is a unimount and i believe it came off of a 1996 chevy 3/4 ton when i bought it. The turn cylinders are some what rusted but plow turns fine (i replaced the seals last season).The lift ram is in good cond. I painted the plow just before the last season. The cutting edge has about 1 more season left before it will need to be replaced.
    I am not looking for a new plow by any means but would like one that is in good working order. I have had a snoway in the past on another 1/2 ton and loved it!
    I currently do not have any pictures of my plow but would be able to get some and email them to you.

Thanks David C. Kortman
    After Hours Snow Plowing
    Holland MI. 49424

P.S. Please send email to imshydk@yahoo.com because I dont often check the email at the plowtoy@juno address.