1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

possable selenoid cartradge valve S3 problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tjmjr, Feb 21, 2014.

1. tjmjr

tjmjr Junior Member

Hi, new to the site. I have a 7.5' MM plow 3 wire system. Hooked up to my plow the other day and not nothing, checked connections fuses grounds, nothing. jumped power right to the pump and the plow is trying to go right but not enough to push it, with it still jumped if you move the controller to the left it will go left but when you let off on the stick it wants to go right again. with the pump jumped, a push right it goes all the way right but when you let off on the stick it is still trying to push right. could the solenoid cartridge valve S3 be bad something is letting a little juice through to push right but not enough to move the blade a lot, Im stumped, any help would be appreciated!

Tom

attachment.jpg

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

First, the "default" is to the right.
    When you mean had nothing on the plow, define nothing. Light on clicker? Headlights on plow? Any clicking? Etc...

3. tjmjr

tjmjr Junior Member

red light was on on the control box in the cab and the lights on the plow work could not hear clicking

4. dieselss

Start with solenoid. Pwr in and pwr out. Small signal wires....one gnd one signal pwr from controller.

5. tjmjr

tjmjr Junior Member

ok Dieselss here we go. when It first started not working I was not getting the red light on the snowplow controller and the plow lights did not come on when plugged in, the went down to bond auto and bought a new motor relay and installed it, got the power light on the controller back and the plow lights came on when I plugged the lights wire harness in, I have + power coming from the + Batt stud to the +batt stud on the relay at 14.2 volts. the the blk/orn wire I assume is the ground it is grounded ( I can use it to test the voltage from Batt ). when the stick from the snowplow controller is held in the blade up, left and right position I get 13.5 volts to the red/brn wire on the motor relay witch I assume is telling the relay to open and to send power to the plow motor, but I and not getting power out of the + stud on the relay going to the plow motor. could I have gotton a bad relay from the parts store?

6. dieselss

Yes you could have gotten a bad one or a wrong one
    2 big terminals and 2 small terminals

7. tjmjr

tjmjr Junior Member

yes two big and two small, I am going to be a new one. again lol

8. dieselss

So. Batt pwr to big terminal, signal wire to small termina (from controller) and blk/og to other small terminal. And the plow supply to the other big terminal. Sound correct?
    If you have all the correct inputs you should be able to test light the output voltage just for grins have you tried to "hotwire the solenoid?

9. tjmjr

tjmjr Junior Member

replaced the motor relay again, working now, thank you for your help Dieselss

10. dieselss

Cool,,,glad its working again