1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poss. stupid ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by CSLC, Mar 23, 2010.

1. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Are the boss straight blades the only models that come with the trip edge design? I am looking at the Boss VXT 8'2" with wings. But I am also looking at the fishers. I prefer the Trip edge over the Trip Blade...Can any one help me with this. I am hoping to go boss it seems like a much better build blade and less problems. Thanks guys....

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Trip edge on Boss is ONLY on strait blades.

3. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Any one running the boss v's have the blades tripping alot?

4. theplowmeister

from MA

anoingly when stacking snow

5. liv

liv Junior Member

only when hitting curbs ;)

6. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

No problems when stacking snow?

7. theplowmeister

from MA

WOW I must have written that in the middle of the night:laughing:

"only" when stacking snow:)

O ya I also have a problem with the blade NOT tripping far enough to release from the pavement lip.

8. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I was just asking another mans opinion.....:dizzy:

9. liv

liv Junior Member

I wouldn't say I have any problems stacking snow. I drive pretty fast though. Just ram her on in there.

The non XT's trip easier in wet or deep snow too if you're trying to decide between the two. I'm not sold on trip edges. Too messy for me.

Which edges are you running? Can't say I've had an issue with this either with the new cutting edges

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  10. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I have tripped mine in all positions. It doesn't happen often, at least with me. It depends on the condition of the lot you plow, etc. The impact isn't too bad in the straight and angled position. It is a little rough in V and scoop position.
    The blade is suppose to go to the straight position and then trip, when you hit something in V or scoop. I had this happen before. But most of the time, mine just hops over the obstacle. But if you know the lot and know where an obstacle is, you should take your time in that area. I am happy with the Boss V, and I prefer a FULL trip over a Trip edge.

Mine has never tripped while stacking. Not even with the heavy snow we had this year.

I agree to that.

11. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

I've noticed that if all you're doing is plowing a few inches of snow in lots where you can always run at a decent speed when stacking you really don't notice how easily the VXT wings trip. It's when you are trying to stack heavier accumulations in close quarters, where you are moving slower/more cautiously and actually trying to "lift" the snow more, that the wings tend to "flop over" or trip rather easily and more often.
    The recommended "business card gap" in the trip springs was way too soft for my 9'2" VXT (I'd assume an 8'2" with wings would trip even more easily loaded) so I have mine set now at about a 3 business card gap and it's much better/stiffer but also still trips easily enough when you catch something in full v mode ... haven't been through a trip in scoop yet.