1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Positive wire on 06 Ram - which to use with SnoWay ?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Tahoe99, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Tahoe99

Tahoe99 Member
    from NY

Hi -

Mounting a SnoWay on a 2006 Ram with Hemi. One of the wires is supposed to be connected to a + that only works when the ignition is on, I guess to prevent using the plow with the engine shut down. What is the best hook up place ?

Thanks

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It is a small red wire for the controller..
    Mine goes to the fuse box to the right of the dash. It is hooked to a circuit that is controlled by the ignition switch.. I picked an accessory circuit for mine.

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Are you looking for a switched 12V under the dash or hood? If you're looking for one under the Dash I know there's one on the steering column. It's pink w/gray tracer.

4. Tahoe99

Tahoe99 Member
    from NY

Yes, I am looking for a place to connect the red plow wire to the truck's pos wire activated by ignition key. So I gues the pink with grey could be used. Thanks guys.