1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Positive Posting

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowbrothers101, Dec 22, 2010.

1. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

Fellow posters,

I have seen some great threads lately where we are having some honest discussion on how to help each other run our businesses, be it different equipment options or best practices. It is a refreshing change from all of the "I hate management companies" threads that normally open up. When I send my clients to this site so they can educate themselves, I feel the environment now better represents how we want to be viewed.

Not sure everyone's thoughts on this but I for one encourage everyone to keep the quality coming. Good reading as well on my phone while sitting in my cab for the next two inches to fall so I can make some money!

2. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

i agree 100%. iv only been a member for a little wile but iv ALWAYS had great answers to all my questions and threads. talked with GREAT people... can honestly say this is the best forum I'm a part of Thumbs Up

3. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Agree with you about the positive threads but curious as to why you would send your clients here?

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I really hate that USM company! J/K!

5. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I am kinda of courious about that too.

6. SkyhawkSteve

SkyhawkSteve Junior Member

I would agree the forum has been a tremendous help for me with information, contract language; route slips but I would i'm not sure I would send my customers here for education; I am curious as to whta your train of thought is to do that. Merry Christmas

7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

lots of great advice on here, i can honestly say that i am a better manager, and as a whole my company is a better company because of this site.

8. snowbrothers101

Many of my clients have a minor understanding of the industry and some of the trade organizations. Knowing they could likely come across bad info, I would rather send them to sites where I know there is some positive information being shared. While the technical piece might be over their head, that is ok. I want them to realize I am the expert and not them. Sending them to a forum discussing a trade they are in charge of but them realizing they do not know most of the info discussed buys me credibility.

It is a simple thing but if my clients don't think I am the smartest one in the room, what do they need me for.

9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

You lost me on this. Sorry to be negative, but I can't think of a good reason to send a client on here.

10. snowbrothers101

When a client asks "where can I go to learn about what equipment I should be using or how should I approach a specific type of weather event with my snow contractors", this site has some good threads on that.

In today's world, every industry has a forum, and finding this site is not difficult for our clients even if I don't tell them about it. Something everyone should keep in mind.

11. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

This site, along with Lawnsite, have been instrumental in growing my business in the correct fashion. I feel we have been on the cutting edge with equipment and process's since becoming a member. There are allot of true professionals on both sites, and a myriad of great information. Sorting it all out is the key, and applying it to your business model is what will make you a better business owner.

However, sending customers here to "educate" themselves may put you out of a job. To me, I liken it to giving my estimates with the wholesale discount on all plants, equipment, and services. As we all know, a tidy profit is made here. Sometimes the only profit. Once the secret is out, your benefit will greatly decrease. Be very careful my fellow members.....

12. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I disagree. I don't want my customers to come on here and learn how to do it them self. All that does is put you out of business. Eventually they will read up on all the "how much to do this place" threads and realize they might be paying too much to have the service done. This could easily happen. You're also exposing your business practice to them and possibly how you price your work.

13. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

happy holidays hope everybody in the NE is getting santas bonus thanks for all the help on all my questions everybody