1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Posi Options 01' Sil;verado Duramax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Ant118, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Ant118

Ant118 Senior Member

Well unfortunately my truck didnt come with a G80. What options are out there? Ive been trying to find a G80 here in Ontario, Canada with no luck. Dodge Dana's are a dime a dozen here but cant seem to find anything. What options do I have. I have a 3.73 in the truck and it would be so much nicer to have posi to push snow. My dodge cummins pushes snow like an animal but my 2500hd just lacks in putting power down to both wheels.

2. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

http://www.ringpinion.com/ check out randy's ring and pinion if you want to go aftermarket. if you call them they will walk you through it.

I think for that year the G80 is the only factory option. Lots of guys on here have installed aftermarket posi/limited slip units and have had good luck. Seems like the G80 works OK but lacks the strength to handle abuse (towing, plowing, etc.). My trucks G80 still works at 285,000 so I can't complain.
  3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Eaton Trutrac is the way to go.
  4. Dr_Goodwrench66

Dr_Goodwrench66 Member

Agreed with the Truetrac!
  5. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

TruTracs and Auburn were king of the hill when I used to do a lot of off roading.
  6. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

If it were me, I'd go for an e-locker. Locked when you want, and open when it's dry. You get traction and good tire wear.