1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Porthsmouth Ford ?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ADK, Oct 3, 2006.

1. ADK

ADK Member

After looking around locally and on the internet, I think I'm going to buy my plow from Porthsmouth Ford. Has anyone had dealings with them? Good, Bad or otherwise....Thanks:confused:

2. ram1500

ram1500 Member
    from ma

Had friend of mine buy one up there and they installed an 8' hd fisher and did not put in all the bolts in the frame because they want to go fast and intall as many as they can. good luck getting any service. Cheap is not always the way to go. A good dealer with reputable service and close by will always save you a lot more money in the long run.

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I looked up there when I was looking for a new truck. I was not impressed. The sales people were very pushy and they didn't have a great selection IMO.

4. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Putnun CT Ford seems to sell alot of Fisher Plows.
    I did talkk with there plow guy there and he helped me fix a problem instead of just selling me parts.

Dan

5. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

EW Sleeper in Concord, NH...despite the 40 missing plows, still the best fisher plow dealer I have found thusfar.
    James

6. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I bought my truck there, No Complaints if your going to do business there talk to the bald guy Bill he sold me my truck nice guy. Tell him I sent you tell him what I drive he will know who I am.

7. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I second that... Call Rick over there, he's honest and a good salesman. I know that sounds like a oxymoron but it true in this case. The tech "Stu" is very nice a perfectionist and knows his stuff.

8. ADK

ADK Member

Thanks for all the replys guys.........I'll let you know how I make out....:drinkup:

9. ski

ski Junior Member

Portsmouth Ford?? Don't do it!

My experience was awful at Portsmouth Ford I learned my lesson, cheaper is not better. Try Winter Products of N. Andover 978-689-7569. My friend had a much better experience

10. DeereFarmer

While we are on the subject... Townsend Ford in Townsend, MA is a great place. Talk to chaz and he will treat you right!

11. ashsupply

ashsupply Junior Member
    from nh

youy should buy from an authorized fisher distributor, portsmouth ford is not one. see www.fisherplows.com for your local distributor. only authorized distributors can cover warranty issues. cheaper is not better by any means

12. ram1500

ram1500 Member
    from ma

Another quality job from Porthsmouth Ford. They installed a Blizzard Plow on a 99 chevy 2500 and did not even solder the brass ends that connect the 4 gauge wire to the battery and the plow. the wires were black and arching and could of caused a fire. We soldered eveything and checked out and fixed the other problems with the install. Remember cheaper is not better always go to a good quality dealer not one that works on volume and speed, and could careless about service.

13. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Well sounds like Portsmouth Ford has been black listed on this forum.
    To bad because It nice having someone local to guys up there.
    Hope they are reading this and get there act together.

Fishers or anyones product is only as good as the installers. :realmad:

14. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I mis read the original post, I thought you were looking for a truck not plow. I bought my truck there and the plow was on it. I dont think its a good idea to buy a plow from an auto dealer. Thats why there are fisher dealers. You think they are when your out plowing at 3 AM and your plow breaks. They make there money on cars and trucks not plows.

15. DeereFarmer

I don't know too many plow parts stores open at 3 AM, let alone 9 PM, Fisher dealers or not.

16. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

40 missing plows?

17. DeereFarmer

Yeah someone stole 40 of them without any wiring or pumps.

18. COBBETTS AUTO

COBBETTS AUTO Junior Member

Fisher plows installed by Portsmouth Ford

I own a well established business for over 23 years that specializes in truck sales and service and have been doing business with Portsmouth Ford for all of my plow installations for about 10 years .I have not had any of the problems that you stated in past responses about poor workmanship issues and they have sold me around 100 plows and installed them !!! Their prices are the lowest in New England I have shopped them and nobody can beat their prices & service they even install my plows on Saturdays if I need it !!! try find another dealer that will install plows on weekends and or service your plow on a Saturday ???? Like I posted earlier today I just have to base my own experience from doing business with Portsmouth Ford for over 10 years and over $300,000 spent there If anybody had anything to say I would be the first one screaming if I had an issue !
    I have not received anything but great service and pricing from them !!
    I can even get fisher plow parts 6 days a week from 7:00am - 6:00pm Monday thru Saturday from Portsmouth Ford I don't think too many other Fisher distributors are open on Saturdays !!!

19. ashsupply

ashsupply Junior Member
    from nh

to politely put it, if your business is repairing vehicles than that is what you should do. FISHER or any other brand snow removal equipment has authorized outlets that know the equipment best. Giving things away can't stay in business long. You don't bring your new truck to a fisher dealer do you?

20. ski

ski Junior Member

Hey Cobbetts Auto

You must be talking about another Portsmouth Ford or even better you must work for them or they put you up to the response or should I say the "defense". Portsmouth Ford in New Hampshire has only been dealing snow plows for the past two seasons so your whole "defense" lacks credibility. If you are as much of a "power house" snow plow buyer as you claim I agree with ASHSUPPLY, you'd be installing them yourself. Sorry, You lack credibility!! Furthermore, since my last reply, I've heard about another Portsmouth Ford horror story. It's a shame, Blizzard & Fisher should do something about it because they don't need an un-authorized installer out their ruining their reputations