1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Portable Backup Camera

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnowJersey, Nov 23, 2010.

1. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

looking for a portable backup camera and found this.

anyone use it?

http://www.iballhitchcam.com/

i push with someone elses dump truck so i would like something i can take with me easily. any ideas???

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I've been thinking about one- problem is I'd have to put it on for each drive I wanted it and take it off for travel because the back of my truck always gets coated with snow from driving. Thinking about IR backup sensors instead.

3. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

yeah i'm trying to find something to stick on the back of the dump body. between the plow and the spreader the truck is quite long

4. espyj

espyj Member

I bought that iball and its junk. Won't connect from camera to monitor half the time, and the magnet definitely wouldn't be strong enough to drive down the road with.

5. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

i'm gonna cross that one off the list then! thanks

there is a 7pin trailer plig in the back and i see alot of adapters online for a cig plug. maybe i'll get one and wire it to a cig plug and plug it in there.

6. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

I have this one. Works great I use it a ton. Even works for driving into your plow if your not that good at it! LOL

http://www.swifthitch.com/

7. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

i saw that one, nice but expensive.

8. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

We sell them at our dealership. You get what you pay for.

9. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

can you sell me one at a better price then i'm finding online?? :blush2:

10. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

I will find out and PM ya.