1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Port of Oswego, NY bulk salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by John Mac, Feb 10, 2008.

1. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

I have been told that the port of Oswego has bulk salt. I don't have any contacts in that town, any one know any names of wholesalers in Oswego, how about any phone numbers? The salt comes in on barges and I would like to make a run and pick up a truckload.

2. Capital Land

Capital Land Junior Member

Please let me know if you find out anythnig. I am sick and tired of the supliers playing this supply and demand game

3. Where have you been getting bulk Capland?

4. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Try to goggle or get a phone number for "City of Oswego Port Authority" or some combo of those words. I don't know anyone down there right now, but that is where the salt comes off the barges down by the harbor. There are the big silos down there for salt and fertilizer. Sometimes comes off barges, then goes into rail cars.

5. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

Spoke to the Port, then American Rock salt, then the dock that sells the salt. I set an account up so I can make salt runs to the Utica area. The trucking companies around are charging around $90 a ton. I can, and I will sell truck loads for that price so if anyone needs salt in the Utica area or between Utica and Syracuse I can deliver in dump truck quantities min of 15 tons.

6. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

I live in oswego and the number of trucks in and out of the port is unreal!

I also get salt from there and if any one needs contact information just email me and I will be happy to pass it on mmagrisi@magrisilawncare.com

7. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

Grisi, now you you reply, wish you you did that a week ago.:drinkup: I had to call around quite a bit to get the numbers. What are you paying per ton picked up?

8. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

I am paying 45 plus tax a ton. It would be much less however I started dealing with him only a month ago and only needed 5 tons or so. He was impossible to reach at first!:angry: The more product to get from him the cheaper the price... Makes only complete sense..:drinkup:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  9. Tony Muto

Tony Muto Junior Member

Need salt in Ohio

Grisi, how can I contact your guy there in Oswego to buy some salt? We will pick it up, if necessary. Let me know. Thanks.

10. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

Tony send me a email so that I can send you all the information. Thanks

11. Tony Muto

Tony Muto Junior Member

Bulk Salt in Oswego

Grisi , I'll send an email to your mailbox for the information about osurces of salt in Oswego. Thanks.

12. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

Just a quick note.. Since the last time I have posted.. the supplies have dropped BIG TIME.. Hurry if you need it!! I am going tomorrow for more!

13. jkowal

jkowal Junior Member

We are out of salt in Oswego.... :-S

14. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

Jerome I take it your related to Tom?

15. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

Quick note... the Port of Oswego will not have Salt this year.. so I am told :(