1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Por 15

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by smokey, Oct 27, 2003.

1. smokey

smokey Member
    from indy

The directions for POR 15 say just remove the loose rust and apply. Won't the deep and pitted rust continue to corrode underneath the newly applied por 15 and cause it to peel up?

2. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

You need to read more of the information on the site, it goes into detail.

Rick

3. truszip

truszip Junior Member

I've used POR-15 numerous times with great results in the restoration of an old car. You need to use their whole system in order to make it work. What I've done is sandblaster the parts I wanted done, use their cleaner and then their etcher and then applied the POR-15 coating, (I sprayed mine on) Be aware that you don't want to breath this stuff in and you need to use at least a proper air mask when using this stuff. If you get it on you you'll be wearing it off if you don't get it off right away! Good luck - I think the stuff works great!

4. Sublime

Sublime Junior Member

I have heard good thing about POR 15. I think the idea is if you cover the rust completely and do not allow oxygen to get to it then the rust has no way of continuing to form.