1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

POR 15, Grease or Anti Seize

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Neil64, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Neil64

Neil64 Member

I am thinking about using POR 15 on my used and slightly rusty EZ Classic mounting carton and tube frame prior to install. I am worried that the POR 15 and topcoat might be too thick and will get removed when the tube frame is slid into the mounting carton.

Thoughts?

Do you guys use grease or anti seize on the tube frame where it slides into the mounting carton?

Thanks...

Neil

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

If you go with POR 15, I have all kinds of POR 15 for sale...Self etching Primer, Rust paint, Top Coat, Black Cote, Clear coat, stripper, all the different kinds of prep solvents....Marine Clean, Ap-120, Metal Ready, mixing solvent so you can use with spray gun, Spray bottles, Let me know what you need. I have gallons and pints.....Selling cheap. It's all unopened, still in the boxes. I spent well over $900 on this stuff. I wanted to do my plow with it, but I had no where to do it where I moved into a condo. I will sell it CHEAP! send me an email with your needs. RepoMan207@aol.com

3. Neil64

Neil64 Member

Por 15

I am just going to buy their $19.99 kit which includes the POR 15, marine degreaser and metal prep. I am also going to buy black top coat. Just looking for enough to do the mounting carton and tube.

Neil

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

ahh small project. got ya

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't bother with the POR-15 if your only using as an attempt to prevent corrosion inside the lift tube receivers as it won't help much as far as keeping the lift tube from getting frozen in place.

Simply using chassis grease, slather it inside the lift tube receivers with a paint stick. Will work far better in the long run. :)

6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi
    I would try Fluid Film, used some on a chain on my salt spreader and it looked like a big glop of rust. Went to the car wash after plowing and salting this week and power washed it down, chain looks like new.

Regards Mike

7. Neil64

Neil64 Member

Fluid Film

Where can I buy Fluid Film? Places I go no one has ever heard of it.

Thanks...

Neil