1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poppin 10 amp Fuse

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Stan MI, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Stan MI

Stan MI Member

I have popped the 10 amp fuse that powers the touch pad 4 times now. The first time I just wrote it off to being the original fuse, second and third time I thought maybe I got a bad package of old fuses. Now on the fourth time..... (Starting to feel the brick hit my head)

There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to why it pops and the wire never feels hot. I'm on my third year with this plow, never had a problem before. Anyone have any ideas as to what might cause this.

Thanks in advance for any help !!

2. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Have you checked for any short circuits?

Mak.

3. Stan MI

Stan MI Member

Mak

Thanks for the response. May have found what was causing the problem. Had a couple of spots of bare wire. I'd like to take credit for finding them but I can't, had to take it to the installing dealer for a fix. Plowed today no problems.

4. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

can you tell me where the bare wires were I just started haveing the same issue

5. Stan MI

Stan MI Member

I have the old style connection from truck to plow, one plug. The plug from the plow comes out of the hydraulics box and is attached to the light tower in two locations. Between these two locations was a spot where the wire rubbed on the frame. That is where the wires frayed.

6. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

Thanks stan, I have the same setup I will check that out.