1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poor gas mileage

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PITCH, Oct 12, 2009.

1. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

I have a 2007 2500HD classic Duramax ext cab. I just recently put new tires on it and changed the oil and fuel filter. I have lost almost 1 mile per gallon. I surprised I thought it would improve if any thing. The tires are BFG TKO 285 75r 16 E's. Same thing I took off the truck. My driving habits haven't really changed. I did notice when you really gas on it, it will produce a cloud of black smoke, I was told that was normal. Any thoughts???
  2. disturban

disturban Junior Member

I don't know about diesel fuel but in the winter gas is a winter blend and you get worse gas mileage. Maybe they make a winter blend diesel fuel that effects mpg's as well. Another thing is your tires? Was the old ones also BFG A/T's? I just bought my wife some new BFG's and her truck is down 2 to 3 mpg's compared to the Uniroyals that was on it. OH big black cloud of smoke is running rich so check your air filter as well.