1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

poor exhaust quality for 2011 dmax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jvm81, Jan 20, 2014.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Whats this now? Came on this morning while heading out of town and limited me to 45 mph ....I turned around and took another truck. 3rd time since I bought this truck new that this dmax has had issues with this problem of limiting my speed - first time tank was frozen. Second time replacement of nox, filters, and supposely an entire new tank system, now this?? Worse is in 2012 our Gm dealer closed shop, nearest one 30 miles away. I cant see driving a ford or fiat but with 6 Gm trucks this one has been an issue with the DEF tank. Whens the new 2015 HD coming to dealerships - time to trade.
  2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Your exhaust could magically fall off one day
  3. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Get rid of the emissions. Best move you will ever make.
  4. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

ya a 2015 isnt going to help. Its the emissions bull crap that is screwing your truck up. Delete your emissions crap and your truck will be fine.
  5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

2011 model year duramaxes with DEF were recalled to correct DEF tank heater issues and level monitoring issues. If you bought the truck new, were the recalls ever performed?
  6. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Truck was new. No recalls as of this past tuesday. In the shop, there saying they are doing recalls and replacing NOx filter and need to re-program truck. They told me replacing NOx no problem, biggest issue and time and to program things completely.