1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Poor Defroster design in new chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JJSLandscape, Jan 2, 2011.

1. JJSLandscape

JJSLandscape Member

Has anyone else been annoyed by or had a problem with there new truck. In my 2011 3500 chevy's new defroster does not even extend the whole dash. Just set up in the middle it won't head the entire windshield and Ive had ice/fog build up in the driver's and passengers corners all storm. Anybody come up with a way to fix the flaw yet? In my 2004 the defroster extends the whole bottom of the windshield and works perfect. Just chevy trying to save on cost and sticking us with the problem

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Have asked the dealer about it?

Take it in and tell them about it, ask them what to do.

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

"Safety issue" are the key words they will find a fix

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Bingo......

5. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

I always thought part of the plow package should include:

The same heat wire stuff on the back window rear defog only put on the bottom of the front windshield, so the ice build up would be melting ... instead of building up !

Hey, for $40,000 - throw it in ...

I suppose it could be added by someone handy ...

Years ago Cadillac offered a front windshield completely electric heated ...

Dream On ....

6. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Have not noticed a problem with mine yet. I did wonder about the center discharge when I got it, but have not had any defrost complaints from driver yet.

7. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

My brother has a dodge caravan, and it has a heating element/defrost on the bottom of windshield right under the windshield wipers, you would thing they would put on trucks alsozn when I had my 07 NBS I had many problems with my wipers freezing was annoying.

8. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

Works fine so far