1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

poor charging 03 2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by I HATE RUST, Nov 12, 2011.

1. I HATE RUST

I HATE RUST Senior Member
    from PA

well first off I have had problems with this from the start, I got the truck two years ago it has 40k miles on it and has had an boring yet well kept life ( I know because I work for the company who owned it ) anyway it cant keep up with the plow and will eventually die. things I have done to try and fix it, first B&B Dual Battery Install to the T and added 4 gauge wire from alternator to battery , new alternator biggest one you can get, two new battery's $$$, and checked all the wiring and relays for shorts. With doing all of this it has gotten better but still nothing like my other truck ( 03 2500HD Duramax ). I have noticed that the volt meter seems to move alot even not when plowing and at idle the doom light flickers with the rpms of the motor. Well any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks bill

2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Have you checked your ground cables for the batteries?

3. I HATE RUST

I HATE RUST Senior Member
    from PA

every other day, haha yea, thanks