1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pontiac montana wiper motor

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by blublzr, Apr 27, 2007.

1. blublzr

blublzr Member

i installed a wiper motor in my montana van last week. i didnt know that there was some process you had to follow so the wipers would work correctly and be aligned correctly. has anyone done this on a gm mini-van. is the process the same for all delay type wipers? does anyone know how to do this ???

wil :help:
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If you don't have the repair manual a bigger library will have them. I would hold the motor in my hand and plug it into the wires. Have someone run it thou it's cycles make sure it "parks" the wipers when it's shut off. Then install the motor. Before you take out the old one use tape to mark where the wiper blades rested on the windshield. Don't forget the dielectric grease inside the wire plugs and thread sealer / locker on the threaded posts if the wiper arms are bolted on.